Nikos

FFL Fees - cheat sheet

You might want to correct the rtsp pricing. their website states $35 for members and $50 for non members. i think nics is on top of that but not sure.

Thanks for noticing the discrepancy. I'll update the fees -- hopefully someone can chime in if the NICS charges are included or extra.

Woodland Park Range (aka GunForHire) is $20, including NICS, for members (or if you prefer, $5 plus NICS).

It was already on Google Docs and made notation to include on the cheat sheet image. Thanks.

Have a related question re FFL fees..

What are FFLs charging   for shipping a handgun to another FFL??

For example.. I sell a handgun on Gun Broker and rather than have to  travel

to a Fedex or UPS hub to ship it myself I have an FFL do it.

Just curious as I note that most sellers on GB show $25 to $50 to ship.

Thanks.

Have a related question re FFL fees..

What are FFLs charging   for shipping a handgun to another FFL??

For example.. I sell a handgun on Gun Broker and rather than have to  travel

to a Fedex or UPS hub to ship it myself I have an FFL do it.

Just curious as I note that most sellers on GB show $25 to $50 to ship.

Thanks.

I've never done a FFL to FFL sale of a personal firearm, I have the buyer send me the FFL's contact info and call/email the FFL requesting a copy of the license and check it via the BATFE website. If all is good, it gets boxed up and I have UPS pickup the firearm.

I know two FFL's that handle outgoing transfers, they charge around $25-$50 per firearm PLUS shipping (they have to log it in and log it out in the books and arrange shipping).

Just make sure you include a copy of your DL (and copy of FPID card) with the firearm.

Rifles/Shotguns can go UPS Ground, pistols I *think* are overnight only, could be wrong on that.

I do not use FedEx as I have a UPS account so can't comment on FedEx.

If you are looking to save on the FFL outbound transfer fees and ship direct to another FFL yourself (as I do) make sure you keep a record of the firearm (model, make, serial, etc.) and keep the original COE and a copy of the FFL you are shipping to, this way if NJSP or BATFE ever came around (ie the firearm was used in a crime or the firearm is lost in transit) you have proof of where/who it was going to.

FYI...Bruce at True Value Hardware in Lincoln Park is no longer an FFL as he retiring and selling the shop...however he is trying to get the new owner to become an FFL...we shall see.

I hope he can convince the new owner to to get a FFL. The hardware store is so close and convenient for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope he can convince the new owner to to get a FFL. The hardware store is so close and convenient for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here, like 1mi away lol. Bruce said the guy was a little leery at first, but when the ATF was there to close out his books, the ATF guy blurted out to the new owner, "Why don't you take over?" I think that made him come around, we'll see.

A few months? :laugh: I closed up June of 2013.

I am now, Estrella Ordnance, and sell compliant magazines as well as firearms. If you need anything, let me know.

For long gun transfers in South Jersey, I recommend using Federal Firearm in Middletown, DE. He will transfer any long gun purchased from me for free. Also, no sales tax or NICS fee. AND, I don't charge extra for credit card usage.

ETA: You can delete Arms-n-Ammo from your list.

Anyone ever heard of this guy? Apparently he is an FFL and does super cheap transfers according to someone I'm acquainted with. attachicon.gifNCM_0001.JPGattachicon.gifNCM_0003.JPG

I just gave him a call. He charges $60. No credit cards. Only cash or check. Pretty friendly over the phone. One caveat, he only does Morris County + nearby area residents.

Same here, like 1mi away lol. Bruce said the guy was a little leery at first, but when the ATF was there to close out his books, the ATF guy blurted out to the new owner, "Why don't you take over?" I think that made him come around, we'll see.

Just got a package rejected from them. So I guess no, for now. Wish I would've read this thread before I had something sent there.