Nikos

FFL Fees - cheat sheet

I'd say at least half of those 400 dealers in NJ don't do transfers.

I remember calling a bunch and being told "no sales/transfers to the general public" as in "LE sales only"...

Captain John's Gunsmith in Woodbine I remember off hand...never open to the public and no sales/transfers to the general public...

Firearm Specialties, Hillsborough, NJ should be added to the list:

908-369-7034

$35 transfer fee + $15.00 NJ NICS   (7% NJ sales tax on the fees only) 

Free storage for 30 days pending pick up.

• Like 1

Griffin & Howe Inc

Bernardsville, NJ

$50 transfer fee + ~$18 NICS (was told it was going to be about $73 total with tax)

Precision Firearms Coatings & Sales, LLC

Edison, NJ

$35 flat fee (reconfirmed)

Also note that Intertek Laboratories Inc in Stirling, NJ appears on FFL lists but I called and spoke with Mary who told me while she has an active FFL, she is not currently doing transfers.

I thought Griffin & Howe closed their Bernardsville location.

I'm pretty sure they just closed their Connecticut location. I drive past the place in Bernardsville semi frequently and it seems to be open

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I thought Griffin & Howe closed their Bernardsville location.

I'm pretty sure they just closed their Connecticut location. I drive past the place in Bernardsville semi frequently and it seems to be open

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everything consolidated to Hudson Farms location in Andover, NJ. along with some new features.  Still to rich for me.

FYI, Lincoln Park True Value is no longer open for retail hardware but sign says they still are doing transfers only on T,W,and Th from 9-5. Even then I would still call before going/having anything shipped here...I stopped in there for something for the house and door was locked, lights off(weird cause its thurs)...Not sure what happened, but we had an Ace hardware open in town right around the corner...hope the lil guy wasn't run out.

Question about Hackettstown guns and Ammo and/or Andover Hunt & Fish.

Do either of them transfer multiple items under 1 transfer fee?

Hackettstown Guns do not. $25 fee for each firearm transferred on same 4473 check last I knew

Any places in west morris county or thereabouts that do multiple transfers for single fee?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

What did you buy, 100 AR lowers?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I haven't asked at either Andover or Hackettstown. I've only done one transfer at a time. If you go to Andover talk to Garrett the owner. He's a really nice kid and may help you out.

Edit: I've done transfers 3x at each, but only one gun each time.

I stopped by Ottomanellis  in Woodland Park today.   I was quoted an eye-watering $90 for a transfer!   I was so surprised, I had them repeat it three times to make sure I got it right.

I forgot to ask if that included NICS or not--I was already headed out the door by that point.

I stopped by Ottomanellis  in Woodland Park today.   I was quoted an eye-watering $90 for a transfer!   I was so surprised, I had them repeat it three times to make sure I got it right.

I forgot to ask if that included NICS or not--I was already headed out the door by that point.

Voluntarily?