Howard

Why Does NJ Treat Me As A Criminal?

My letter of the day to our esteemed lawmakers in the People's Republic of New Jersey:

Why is it that the state of New Jersey insists on treating me and others like me as criminals? I have lived in this state for almost 30 years, own real property here, pay taxes here, have never committed any crime; yet the state treats me as a criminal. I want to know why? The state does not require people to get photo ID to vote, as that is deemed a right and rights should not be restricted. Yet when it comes to firearms, I am a criminal unless I can prove otherwise. Why do I have to prove I am not a criminal to get a permit to buy a gun, yet the criminal who illegally has one (if caught) is presumed innocent of breaking that law until proved guilty? Why is it that I can pay my NJ taxes with a personal check, yet you won’t trust me to do the same when I want a firearms permit? Why must I use a money order, you know the form of payment people use when they want to do many illegal things and don’t want things traced? Why is it you will not issue me or anyone like me a permit to legally carry a handgun? Why is it that the only ones that seem to be able to get those are the politically connected or those that seem to know a judge? Why is it that several other states where I do not live, do not pay taxes, do not own real property will issue me such a permit (with a personal check) and welcome me to come there where I have no roots and carry a weapon yet NJ where I have roots will not trust me with the same? Why is it that NJ already with some of the strictest gun laws has so much gun violence, particularly in some of its Democratically controlled regions? Why is it that these crimes are almost always committed with illegally obtained and possessed weapons yet your solution is not to solve that problem but rather further restrict the rights of legal gun owners who never commit crimes? Why won’t you leave us law abiding citizens alone and instead go after the criminals? I would like to know why, and I would like a personalized answer to my questions not a form letter stating your talking points.

Thanks, I look forward to your well thought out response

Because in their minds you're the worst kind of criminal. By arming yourself, paying taxes, and otherwise being self-reliant, you've undermined the central tenet of progressive statism; that we owe our existence to our government, and not vice versa. This is a crime against the state, as opposed to the petty crimes against individuals you mention. Which do you think the state takes more seriously?

And yet a whole different planet exists just across the river in Pennsylvania, where gun shows abound, with tables of sawed off shotguns, machine guns, a state that trusts its citizens and even encourages riding atvs! Meanwhile we live in liberal hell where government works harder every day to be like a communist country.

Nice letter.

In certain areas of the country, that "movement" started a long time ago, fueled by hysteria. It didn't happen over night.

Ex. page from the Chicago Sun Times, April - 1968 (back when the newspapers were the internet):

ChicagoGunOwnersregistrationform_zps40d9

HAHA shut up peon why do you question us! 

I would be very very shocked if you get a response. I have all been snubbed by every one of my elected officials dems and repubs alike.

I got more personal responses from the Maryland!! reps where i dont live, one even CALLED ME! to discuss why someone in NJ was interested in the laws being discussed in MD, then thanked me for my support of the 2nd amendment.

You'll be getting a form letter if you're lucky. They aren't listening, so we'll need to make them listen by making them unemployed during the next elections.

Sadly they'll still have their full time jobs -- which are often secured by using their 2nd job to dole out political favors and shady backroom deals.

The reason you're treated like a criminal, and the criminals are coddled, is because of the political left's larger agenda.

The loony left's ultimate goal is to end humanity. They use terms like "population control."

They hate everything that is good and noble, and they embrace everything weird and dysfunctional.

Industry, productive work, automobiles, meat, firearms are bad; welfare, do-nothing government jobs, bicycles, soybean patties, and victimhood are all good.

They spare mass murderers because he's a "human being," but they condone slicing the spinal cords of innocent, fully formed babies. They called marriage "legalized slavery" and branded normal folks as "breeders" for having children. Now they suddenly love marriage -- provided it's between two homosexuals.

They don't want you armed specifically because they want the scum of the earth to win, to dominate and intimidate us, eventually to kill us. They want the pygmy class to annihilate the workers, inventors, and achievers. 

I had a conversation with a NJ prosecutor a few weeks ago. This individual says they rarely send anyone to jail, even violent offenders. "Incarceration doesn't accomplish anything," they said. So I asked the obvious question: What about an individual who commits no crime, other than being in possession of an "illegal" gun? "Those guys go straight to jail!" I was told.

What do you think this global warming bullshit is all about? Since I was a kid every pointy-headed self-appointed intellectual rimless eyeglass wearing goateed professor has told me that big cars are an abomination, oil is evil, factories are bad. Now they have a pseudo-scientific basis for preaching their nonsense.

Unfortunately for us, the intellectual descendants of the loony left are running our state.

Nice job on the letter. 

However, you will get no meaningful and thoughtful response from the statists.  

Very well written.  I would suggest you consider submitting it as an editorial post as well on nj.com and other outlets.

I would suggest copy and pasting and everyone send to their local papers, local officials, their favorite NJ sites, government officials of the state of NJ and so forth. Title it: Guilty until proven innocent...or something like that. OP, would it be okay to spread this around?

I think that gun control laws have more sinister roots, especially how they are written here in our fine state. Lets face it, most NJ gun owners have at one time or another broken a anti-gun law and are all potential felons.

The government machine has spent the past 100 years piling on law upon law from taxes to guns , so that they , at any moment, can arrest any person they want to and send them to jail. The idea is to have so many complex and convoluted laws that nearly everyone alive is living in a perpetual state of having breaking or broken some kind of law. Now you get on the govt's radar, and they simply have to 'find' the evidence and send you to jail.

Its easy for them to make gun control laws written in such a way that you are guilty unless proven innocent, and tag on extremely harsh sentences. They can do with with standing applause in many cases because of all of the folks living in this country that blame society's violence problems on in-adamant objects.

The reason you're treated like a criminal, and the criminals are coddled, is because of the political left's larger agenda.

The loony left's ultimate goal is to end humanity. They use terms like "population control."

They hate everything that is good and noble, and they embrace everything weird and dysfunctional.

Industry, productive work, automobiles, meat, firearms are bad; welfare, do-nothing government jobs, bicycles, soybean patties, and victimhood are all good.

They spare mass murderers because he's a "human being," but they condone slicing the spinal cords of innocent, fully formed babies. They called marriage "legalized slavery" and branded normal folks as "breeders" for having children. Now they suddenly love marriage -- provided it's between two homosexuals.

They don't want you armed specifically because they want the scum of the earth to win, to dominate and intimidate us, eventually to kill us. They want the pygmy class to annihilate the workers, inventors, and achievers. 

I had a conversation with a NJ prosecutor a few weeks ago. This individual says they rarely send anyone to jail, even violent offenders. "Incarceration doesn't accomplish anything," they said. So I asked the obvious question: What about an individual who commits no crime, other than being in possession of an "illegal" gun? "Those guys go straight to jail!" I was told.

What do you think this global warming bs is all about? Since I was a kid every pointy-headed self-appointed intellectual rimless eyeglass wearing goateed professor has told me that big cars are an abomination, oil is evil, factories are bad. Now they have a pseudo-scientific basis for preaching their nonsense.

Unfortunately for us, the intellectual descendants of the loony left are running our state.

Whoa... You just blew my mind with truth...