Sign in to follow this  
jgofnj

Man charged with fourth-degree possession of hollow-point bullets

In today's Courier News, there was an article about a man charged with using his truck as a weapon.  He also faced other charges, one of which was "fourth-degree possession of hollow-point bullets". 

From what I have read on this board, I thought it was only illegal to use hollow-point in an unlawful way.  From what this article says, it didn't even mention anything about finding a gun, it only said possession of hollow-point bullets.  So if I bought some hollow-point rounds (or "bullets" as they word it), it sounds like I could be charged with possession if I had it in my car and got pulled over.  Why would that be? Especially if I didn't even have my gun in the car.  Am I missing something here?

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20130523/NJNEWS14/305230060/Hillsborough-man-charged-intentionally-running-over-man-outside-Branchburg-bar-indicted?nclick_check=1

From what I understand, HP ammo possession is completely legal until you commit some other crime. I was always under the assumption it had to be firearm related but apparently not.

I just can't believe he's driving a Nissan Frontier instead of a BRAD BENSON Hyundai... lol