wooly bugger

The REAL Sandy Hook promise

Here's video from last night's Blairstown meeting. If you want to skip to the punch line, go to the last minute.

I can't believe her stupidity. It's consistent with the absolute triumphalism of the antis, who now feel safe to lay out their contempt and true agenda for all the world to see. 

Even with the meeting in my backyard, I had to stay away.  I will not debate/converse with ignorant people.  I was raised to belive you do not argue with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.  Or, don't argue with a fool, people watching will not be able to tell the difference.  My temper will not allow me to be in the same room with them.  You cannot reason with these people.  They know they are right, and you cannot, and will not, convince them otherwise.  The "magic bullet" is banning all guns.  Right!  :facepalm:  The government will take care of me.  Right, again!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Simple solutions for simple minded people.  Only when they personnally get "stepped" on by their own government or fellow "citizen", will they understand and change.  They complain about taxes, etc., yet want more government.  Please!

I commend you for attending and voicing you thoughts.  It is apparent that the speaker could not wait for you to shut up.  Definite lack of intelligence.  Just for s and g what was the attendance count?  Knowing the room size, not to many I suspect.

I have talked to quite a few of other people here in the area, and none were aware of the meeting, or could care less.  Again, transplants, "I'm here now and your just going to have to change!"  Not this week, or any other missy!  When I moved here, I embraced the way of life here.  So much nicer than NENJ. 

I am sorry to say that I regret I stayed within the PRNJ when I moved here from Essex County more than 30 years ago.  I have PA roots, and just didn't listen to them.  If I knew then, what I know now, I would have kept going..........

I still am thinking for my own sanity and my families, the time to move on is fast approaching.    

I was the speaker. So thank you.

There were about 30 in attendance. My opinion is that at least half were pro 2A, although I couldn't specifically identify anyone besides the 'hostess' who was overtly sympathetic to the Sandy Hook Promise. If there were, perhaps they chose not to speak.

In a different thread on this forum, someone suggested that persuasion might be the tactic most likely to succeed in convincing undecided citizens who is genuine and who is not, and why. Before I went to this meeting I decided to test that theory.

Judging from the comments I got after the meeting (and I'm not including the comments from the obviously pro 2A people) I'd say the strategy was somewhat successful. At least everyone understood that the 'hostess' was not actually interested in a full dialogue, no matter what her PowerPoint slides said.

Even with the meeting in my backyard, I had to stay away.  I will not debate/converse with ignorant people.  I was raised to belive you do not argue with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.  Or, don't argue with a fool, people watching will not be able to tell the difference.  My temper will not allow me to be in the same room with them.  You cannot reason with these people.  They know they are right, and you cannot, and will not, convince them otherwise.  The "magic bullet" is banning all guns.  Right!  :facepalm:  The government will take care of me.  Right, again!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Simple solutions for simple minded people.  Only when they personnally get "stepped" on by their own government or fellow "citizen", will they understand and change.  They complain about taxes, etc., yet want more government.  Please!

I commend you for attending and voicing you thoughts.  It is apparent that the speaker could not wait for you to shut up.  Definite lack of intelligence.  Just for s and g what was the attendance count?  Knowing the room size, not to many I suspect.

I have talked to quite a few of other people here in the area, and none were aware of the meeting, or could care less.  Again, transplants, "I'm here now and your just going to have to change!"  Not this week, or any other missy!  When I moved here, I embraced the way of life here.  So much nicer than NENJ. 

I am sorry to say that I regret I stayed within the PRNJ when I moved here from Essex County more than 30 years ago.  I have PA roots, and just didn't listen to them.  If I knew then, what I know now, I would have kept going..........

I still am thinking for my own sanity and my families, the time to move on is fast approaching.    

I don't go to these things to convince the antis. They are beyond hope, and the only recourse with them is to limit the damage they can do by keeping them out of positions of influence by sabotaging their careers at every possible opportunity. I go to try to put a check on their blatant misinformation of the ignorant. There are always a few reasonable people who will listen to the arguments and can be swayed one way or the other. It's important for these people to hear facts and reason.

Wooly, is that you speaking?  Awesome argument!  I really think by the applause that you may have turned a few opinions around.....Kudos to you or whoever was the speaker.  

Wooly, is that you speaking?  Awesome argument!  I really think by the applause that you may have turned a few opinions around.....Kudos to you or whoever was the speaker.  

I wish it were me. I'm not that eloquent. I was actually unable to make that meeting, but it was recorded and posted by another freedom fighter.

It's important to tape every moment of these meetings. It seems like these people just love giving us ammunition. We need it, as it can occasionally be useful to show reasonable people in the middle exactly what these snake oil salesmen are peddling.

I was the speaker. So thank you.

There were about 30 in attendance. My opinion is that at least half were pro 2A, although I couldn't specifically identify anyone besides the 'hostess' who was overtly sympathetic to the Sandy Hook Promise. If there were, perhaps they chose not to speak.

In a different thread on this forum, someone suggested that persuasion might be the tactic most likely to succeed in convincing undecided citizens who is genuine and who is not, and why. Before I went to this meeting I decided to test that theory.

Judging from the comments I got after the meeting (and I'm not including the comments from the obviously pro 2A people) I'd say the strategy was somewhat successful. At least everyone understood that the 'hostess' was not actually interested in a full dialogue, no matter what her PowerPoint slides said.

Well, I finally read this post after posting my two posts above. You just said what I tried to say, but much better.

Kudos on the great speech. I'm glad to hear that some people had their ears open. I hope those same people saw what kind of twits they align themselves with when they join the antis.

I was the speaker. So thank you.There were about 30 in attendance. My opinion is that at least half were pro 2A, although I couldn't specifically identify anyone besides the 'hostess' who was overtly sympathetic to the Sandy Hook Promise. If there were, perhaps they chose not to speak.In a different thread on this forum, someone suggested that persuasion might be the tactic most likely to succeed in convincing undecided citizens who is genuine and who is not, and why. Before I went to this meeting I decided to test that theory.Judging from the comments I got after the meeting (and I'm not including the comments from the obviously pro 2A people) I'd say the strategy was somewhat successful. At least everyone understood that the 'hostess' was not actually interested in a full dialogue, no matter what her PowerPoint slides said.

45doll, that was one of the most coherent arguments I've heard. Way to go.

Nice work 45Doll!  You presented a calm, well-reasoned explanation of your (our) position.  I agree with those who say we probably will not be able to do much to change the minds of the antis.  I believe our challenge is to get correct information out to the masses who are being deliberately misled by the mainstream media's anti-gun agenda. 

Look at the smug look on her face..makes me sick....with her snapping the gum in her denim jacket....go home honey and watch the barefoot contessa....liberal sheep.....

So true !! And she wasnt prepared for that ! Great job  45Doll