checko

Chest rigs

While I'm thinking about it, let me know what you think and/or am I missing anything in my med kit:

Israeli Bandage

CAT tourniquet 

H&H gauze 

Quick clot

Chest seal

Nasal airway w/ lubrication

Med tape

Shears

Gloves

Anything I should be looking to add/delete?

Here's the pouch I got with some stuff that came with it.  

IMG_20130721_025502_688_zps56fa6408.jpg

What the hell are you doing up? lol  

Safety pins K.
Blue chemlight  Why blue out of curiosity?
Duct tape How the hell am I going to get that in there? lol
14g needle  Decomp needle right?
2-3 pairs of gloves Got it.

I like the Oales bandage better then the Izzy. 

What chest seal are you using? I like the Halo a lot. Don't have them yet but was looking at the Halo. 

I work steady midnights. I don't sleep at night anymore.

Needle is for chest decompression.

Wrap 3'-4' of duct tape around a pencil and then break the ends off.

The blue chemlights because you can differentiate blood from other fluids with the blue light (blood will look black, other fluids - urine, spit, water, bile - will look bluish green).

Remember, the IFAK/bleeder is for others to use on you. You don't necessarily need to know how to use everything.

Is it only bench rest or is there a place where you can move around?

You can shoot off hand, you can shoot on the ground, no rules about using the bench. You can move the benches with in reason... i shoot off hand there with my lightweight AR.. a bench defeats the purpose with that one other then sighting in.. You DO have to stay in your lane.. and if your not using the bench make sure your on the opposite side from the person shooting next to you... some of the benches are for lefties.. never had an RO say anything to me.. They talked about this during orientation..If you shoot from lower then the benches height they just ask that you lower your target..

Here's the mostly finished product

IMG_20130725_175654_981_zps4d57b679.jpg

I have room for 1 or 2 more m4 pouches, giving me 5 or 6.  I'll take off the med pouch as soon as I get a molle belt.  I only have an old alice belt currently.  Other than that, I can't think of anything else I'll need on here.  

Specs Left to Right:

Tactical  Tailor 1 piece MAV with X harness

MilSpec Monkey Admin Panel

DBT small pouch with SOG Flash II

4x1 TT m4 pouches

BFG Tourniquet Now with CAT tourniquet

TT Magna Mag double pouch

DBT large pouch with back up kobalt 500 lumen led flashlight

Emdom T ring with blood type patch

Med pouch with a bunch of shit in it lol

On back a TAG 3L water carrier. 

I'd rather have a bando of mag pouches. Somehow I have a feeling I'm probably not going to get dressed up in tactical gear for a gunfight in my remaining time. But I have grabbed a rifle and thrown a bando of mag pouches over my chest, and slipped into some sneakers to go check something out in the middle of the night. With my fat ass crack sticking out the back of my drawers and my pecker falling out the pee slot. I probably won't even have to fire if they get a good look at me.

I'd rather have a bando of mag pouches. Somehow I have a feeling I'm probably not going to get dressed up in tactical gear for a gunfight in my remaining time. But I have grabbed a rifle and thrown a bando of mag pouches over my chest, and slipped into some sneakers to go check something out in the middle of the night. With my fat ass crack sticking out the back of my drawers and my pecker falling out the pee slot. I probably won't even have to fire if they get a good look at me.

I'm not anticipating a gun fight in my gear either. I thought it would be nice to be able to grab it and go if I had to get the hell out of the house.

I really just wanted it for classes but I'll admit that its fun building it.

it takes literally a few seconds to throw these rigs on... 

it takes literally a few seconds to throw these rigs on... 

And that is what you do when you roll out of bed because the dogs are barking or you heard a noise?

I was using LBEs before you touched your first gun.

My point was not about what could you do, it was about what DO you do. As in, last week, last month, this year, whatever your metric is.

Have you put that shit on in the middle of the night this year because your dogs were barking when you woke up?

And that is what you do when you roll out of bed because the dogs are barking or you heard a noise?

My point was not about what could you do, it was about what DO you do. As in, last week, last month, this year, whatever your metric is.

Have you put that shit on in the middle of the night this year because your dogs were barking when you woke up?

no why would I... I also don't clear every room in the house because I heard a raccoon in the garbage.. I would likely grab my AR15.. with one 30 round mag.. if I cant make it happen with 30 rounds and an AR.. then it was my day to go.. but ill tell you what.. if there was ever mass civil unrest or some issue where the government was no longer maintaining order.. I would run the rig in a heartbeat.. the reason I like it is because it is secure to the body and keeps the mags directly in front of me... additionally it holds other shit... I have one small pouch that has a really small bottle of gun oil.. a LPK.. and a boresnake... I also have a leatherman AR15 tool on it.. those items represent a tiny amount of weight but yet contain just about everything I would need to service the gun on the go.. but hey.. youve been doing something since before I handled guns... so you must know it all..  I am sure your way is far superior because you have been doing it for a long time.. and even if you do something wrong... doing it long enough will make it better than everyone else... even people you have never met..  lol

:rofl: Reminds me of this (watch 0:40-0:52):

Chest rigs are great for the bump in the night stuff. They are just as fast to don as a bandoleer and are much more versatile.

Hell, I keep a PC next to the bed with 3 rifle mags and a pistol mag. Goes on in about 2 seconds. I also have a set of armor for the wife and the kid in the bedroom.

Ok, another question and advice please.  Looking at a couple of belts.  

HSGI

http://highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-SGPB

VTAC

http://www.vikingtactics.com/belts_brokos.html

Shellback Tactical

http://shellbacktactical.com/warfighter-padded-battle-patrol-belt.aspx

I listed them in the order I'm thinking of them.  Pro's or con's I should know about?

Right off the bat the SB looks pretty big.  

For the outer belt I like the ATS Warbelt:

http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-13040

And the Blue Force Gear SOC-C Belt:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/soc-c-modular-padded-belt-system/

For the inner belt I currently use the:

First Spear Assaulters Gun Belt:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/soc-c-low-profile-suspenders/

I used to use the Eagle Industries Duty Belt:

http://www.eagleindustries.com/products/detail.aspx?id=102

I also like to use these:

BFG SOC-C suspenders: http://www.blueforcegear.com/soc-c-low-profile-suspenders/

I like the ATS belt as it is comfortable, stable, and has an open bottom to mount your holster directly to the belt.

ETA: If you make it to the match on Sunday in Old Bridge you can check out my set up.

The Brokos belt is nice but it limits the positions and lacks the adjustability that you can use for certain things.

I wish someone made a belt that would be usable by itself or as a load carrying belt attached to a backup. Basically be a war belt that can do double duty as a backup load distribution belt. It would need a clever attachment system between the pack and belt. I know the 511/vtac belt/pack sorta do that but you have to thread the belt through a sleeve on the pack.

Nice. You won't be disappointed. I have 3 of them. Just make sure you get a good stiff duty belt to run throug the sleeve. I REALLLLY like the First Spear, but it is expensive. The Eagle belt I linked to above works very well and is much cheaper. (SKD usually has the ATS Warbelt and Eagle belts for a good price. If they are out if stock, check ATS directly)

I wish someone made a belt that would be usable by itself or as a load carrying belt attached to a backup. Basically be a war belt that can do double duty as a backup load distribution belt. It would need a clever attachment system between the pack and belt. I know the 511/vtac belt/pack sorta do that but you have to thread the belt through a sleeve on the pack.

Doesn't S.O.E. make an easily attachable belt rig? Kind of like a hook and loop type closure.

Alright. Now you jerks have me addicted to this chest rig building business. Way to go.  ;)

I've started compiling my ideas on a Pinterest board. So far I'm liking the BFG RACKminus, but after using up 8 MOLLE units on mags, I find the side real estate to be a bit limited for whatever else I might want to throw on. I'll be doing more research and updating my board as I go.

Wish me luck!

Alright. Now you jerks have me addicted to this chest rig building business. Way to go. ;)

I've started compiling my ideas on a Pinterest board. So far I'm liking the BFG RACKminus, but after using up 8 MOLLE units on mags, I find the side real estate to be a bit limited for whatever else I might want to throw on. I'll be doing more research and updating my board as I go.

Wish me luck!

8 mags is a lot. Keep in mind you're probably going to want to keep your strong side pretty flat so you don't get in the way of drawing your pistol. I'm also glad I took HE's advice, going for single cell mag pouches. Prone with double would be very uncomfortable. The pistol mag pouch I have in front of my m4 mags are slim(1911 mags) so it stays pretty slim. I figure after I move my IFAK to the belt I can comfortably keep up to 6 m4 mags in a line while still comfortably drawing my pistol with the MAV

8 mags is a lot. Keep in mind you're probably going to want to keep your strong side pretty flat so you don't get in the way of drawing your pistol. I'm also glad I took HE's advice, going for single cell mag pouches. Prone with double would be very uncomfortable. The pistol mag pouch I have in front of my m4 mags are slim(1911 mags) so it stays pretty slim. I figure after I move my IFAK to the belt I can comfortably keep up to 6 m4 mags in a line while still comfortably drawing my pistol with the MAV

I wanted to run 6 mags: 4 single pouches with 2 additional single pouches mounted on top with a double pistol mag pouch mounted in between them. That way is maintains a lower profile. If I could run 30 round mags I would be comfortable using only 4 mags, but as we all know that is not an option. 6 is my minimum (for now).

I'm still in the preliminary stages now and mapping out layout before I commit to any purchases.

I wanted to run 6 mags: 4 single pouches with 2 additional single pouches mounted on top with a double pistol mag pouch mounted in between them. That way is maintains a lower profile. If I could run 30 round mags I would be comfortable using only 4 mags, but as we all know that is not an option. 6 is my minimum (for now).

I'm still in the preliminary stages now and mapping out layout before I commit to any purchases.

Can I ask what you'll be using this for? I've seen a bunch of people I. My carbine classes run with 4 mags on them +1 in the gun.

Don't forget you can put a couple on your belt as well.

Can I ask what you'll be using this for? I've seen a bunch of people I. My carbine classes run with 4 mags on them +1 in the gun.

Don't forget you can put a couple on your belt as well.

Yeah I'm going to definitely consolidate some items to my belt system, which is also in the preliminary stages. I intend to use it as a universal rig that I can use in carbine courses, for HD and SHTF (to a minor degree with obvious modifications).

BFG Kit is good. I use their "Trauma Kit Now" med pouches as well as the ATS Small med kit.

For the guts of the kit, I like Austere Provisions.

http://www.austereprovisions.com/

They have excellent pre-made kits and all the stuff to make your own, customize a pre-made kit, or top off used or expired components.

The Austere provisions EAG Trauma Kit:

http://www.austereprovisions.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=EAG&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

The EAG Tactical IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) was designed by EAG Tactical and Austere Provisions Company based off of operational experience and the latest information from the Committee on TCCC.

Each kit contains the following:

-Oales 6" bandage x 1

-CAT Tourniquet x 1

-S Gauze x 1

-Decompression catheter 14gaX3.25" x 1

-Nasal Airway 30fr with lubricant x 1

-HALO Chest seal pack (2 seals) x 1

-Vaseline Gauze 3"x9" x1

-Combat medic tape (duct tape mini roll) x 1

-EMS Shears black blade with tan grips x 1

-Large gloves in tan (pair) x 1

-Medium gloves in tan (pair) x 1

-Alcohol wipe x 1

-Iodine wipe x 1

-Large safety pins x 2

and the LMS kit:

http://www.austereprovisions.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=APC+CBOK%2DLMS

Built under contract for LMS Defense.

Contents:

1-Olaes Modular Bandage 6"

1-H&H Primed Gauze

1-H&H Combat Medic Reinforcement Tape

1-Ultra Robertazi Nasal Airway, 30fr w/ Lubricating Jelly

1-SOFT-TQ Gen 2 Tourniquet

1-SWAT TQ

1-Alcohol Prep Pad

1-Iodine Prep Pad

2-Safety Pin

2-Large Exam Glove, Non-Sterile, Non-Latex, Violet in color

2-Medium Exam Glove, Non-Sterile, Non-Latex, Blue in color

1-14gax3.25" Hypodermic Needle

are both outstanding kits at very reasonable prices. With the EAG kit, all you need is a pouch and maybe some Quick-Clot/Cellox if you want it and you are set.