checko

Got hosed on Amazon

Not Amazon's fault really, one of their sellers.  I bought this item

http://www.amazon.com/Laserlyte-Shotgun-Rail-Mount-Exte/dp/B0041FPG40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373478368&sr=8-1&keywords=laserlyte+tri+rail  From GRG MFG. 

They sent me this

IMG_20130710_134811_497_zpsb81ae290.jpg

Its obviously a fake, as it doesnt fit, and Lazerlyte is made in America.  Pretty obvious they did this purposefully and tried to pass a chinese knockoff of my product.  GRG gave me an RA # but told me it was my responsibility to send it back!

I spoke to Amazon Customer Service and they got them to take care of the shipping.  Just a buyer beware for everyone.  

Be careful with third party sellers. Amazon itself is stellar.

I've bought a crap ton of stuff through amazon and this is the first major issue I've had. It just pissed me off they intentionally sent me a POS and then told me to pay to get it back.

Overall lve always been happy with amazon service.

Item says "In Stock. Sold by GRG MFG"

That's not amazon itself. Buy stuff that's "Fulfilled by Amazon" (plus you get free super saver or prime shipping) and you won't have that problem.

I know it wasn't Amazon. I said that in the initial post.

Yeah, I'm a bit wary about buying third party from Amazon. I only do it cause Amazon has good customer service. I got hosed with a part for a HVAC. They said Honeywell and the product was some knockoff. Needless to say it did not work. I then had to pay restocking fees to return and the return shipping. I raised the issue with Amazon and they credited me immediately.

I would leave a negative feedback for GRG as they are trying to pass it as something else so that other buyers can be aware. I would also leave it in the feedback of the product.

Yeah, I'm a bit wary about buying third party from Amazon. I only do it cause Amazon has good customer service. I got hosed with a part for a HVAC. They said Honeywell and the product was some knockoff. Needless to say it did not work. I then had to pay restocking fees to return and the return shipping. I raised the issue with Amazon and they credited me immediately.

I would leave a negative feedback for GRG as they are trying to pass it as something else so that other buyers can be aware. I would also leave it in the feedback of the product.

Sounds very similar. I will be giving negative feedback as soon as I get my money back.