checko

Local carbine training?

Anyone know of any reputable local instructors for carbine training aside from forum sponsors? I've already taken classes from a couple of the schools on here.

I have no way at the moment to really practice some of the skills I've learned from previous classes so Id just like to take more classes. The places I've looked at seem to be few and far between.

FYI local to me is maybe 3 hours drive from central jersey.

Any suggestions?

Have you taken gun for hires urban carbine 1? It is an awesome class. You lean a ton and it is fun. You practice tactical/speed reloading. Shooting while moving and reloading on the move. Shooting from cover. How to sweep and clear a room etc. check out there site or spa search for urban carbine on the forum here.

2nd Gun for Hires Urban Carbine and pistol Classes.

Also check out Mdtstraining.com  Chris Fry runs a very informative, very hands on Practical Carbine class. Here is the schedule: http://mdtstraining.com/services.htm

I've taken both and feel both are challenging and good money spent.

Anyone know of any reputable local instructors for carbine training aside from forum sponsors? I've already taken classes from a couple of the schools on here.

Have you taken gun for hires urban carbine 1? It is an awesome class. You lean a ton and it is fun. You practice tactical/speed reloading. Shooting while moving and reloading on the move. Shooting from cover. How to sweep and clear a room etc. check out there site or spa search for urban carbine on the forum here.

2nd Gun for Hires Urban Carbine and pistol Classes.Also check out Mdtstraining.com Chris Fry runs a very informative, very hands on Practical Carbine class. Here is the schedule: http://mdtstraining.com/services.htmI've taken both and feel both are challenging and good money spent.

There's not much local. I usually end up driving the 4-6 hours and getting a Hotel.

For the calilber of instructor I am looking for to teach the information I am seeking, it's the only way to fly.

Every now and then you can get lucky and VTAC or Trident comes through with an Open enrollment class.

Check Sig Academy in NH, they have good stuff occasionally.

There's not much local. I usually end up driving the 4-6 hours and getting a Hotel.

For the calilber of instructor I am looking for to teach the information I am seeking, it's the only way to fly.

Every now and then you can get lucky and VTAC or Trident comes through with an Open enrollment class.

Check Sig Academy in NH, they have good stuff occasionally.

Thats what I was afraid of.  I was hoping to find something in PA or Delaware or something.  

Yeah thats what I mean.  I know how hard it is to commit to something like that where a group need to set aside the same block of time (let alone money).  I dunno, I may still look into it and put out some feelers. 

You should call your boy Pat for a special event lol   I can't imagine the cost haha

I took an EAG class in PA in Jan that was just over the border, but it was a .mil and LEO only class because the venue was a County LEO Training center and that was their rules.

This is what I have seen as well.  There are also some great classes run out in York,PA too, but again MIL or LEO only.

Id love to get a group thing going with a well known instructor but I imagine it would be a logistical nightmare to get everyone to agree to a day off (instructor included) attain a training facility, acquire full payment and have everything go smoothly.

http://www.sightsandtrigger.com/Training.html

There's an upcoming class on 9/14. Joe is one of the handful of Vickers instructors around, and he's an excellent teacher. I highly recommend him and this class.

Awesome that's the type of thing I was looking for.

That does look good.

On September 14th S&T Firearms Training and Consulting will be holding a Carbine I class at the Steel City Range in Bethlehem PA. Class will start at 0900 and end at approximately 1700.

This class is designed for the individual who has a good understanding of safe gun handling and is not a basic class.

Topics covered will include:

Safety Brief

Fundamentals of Marksmanship

Gear selection

Zero/External ballistics

Basic Rifle Marksmanship/Shooting positions

Transitions

Moving and shooting

Use of cover

Malfunction clearance

Asymmetric shooting positions

Multiple target engagement

Equipment required will include:

Carbine and at least 3 spare magazines

Handgun, holster and mag pouch with 50 rounds of handgun ammo

400 rounds of suitable ammunition for carbine

Eye and ear protection

Clothing for the prevailing weather conditions

Water and lunch/snacks

Cost is $150.00. For more information contact [email protected]

I will be looking into this further. Thanks!

+1 on MDTS. I think I've taken most if not all of Chris' classes and they rock! He travels around and has recently started holding classes at EFGA. All the classes I've taken have been at the Buckeye gun club.

As far as a NJGF training class, only way I see this happening is if someone with some property, perhaps in PA, offers their land for the venue.

That does look good.

On September 14th S&T Firearms Training and Consulting will be holding a Carbine I class at the Steel City Range in Bethlehem PA. Class will start at 0900 and end at approximately 1700.

This class is designed for the individual who has a good understanding of safe gun handling and is not a basic class.

Topics covered will include:

Safety Brief

Fundamentals of Marksmanship

Gear selection

Zero/External ballistics

Basic Rifle Marksmanship/Shooting positions

Transitions

Moving and shooting

Use of cover

Malfunction clearance

Asymmetric shooting positions

Multiple target engagement

Equipment required will include:

Carbine and at least 3 spare magazines

Handgun, holster and mag pouch with 50 rounds of handgun ammo

400 rounds of suitable ammunition for carbine

Eye and ear protection

Clothing for the prevailing weather conditions

Water and lunch/snacks

Cost is $150.00. For more information contact [email protected]

I will be looking into this further. Thanks!
I am looking into this class pretty seriously. Last night I sent an email requesting more specifics and to see how many openings are available. I am Awaiting a response now.

I am looking into this class pretty seriously. Last night I sent an email requesting more specifics and to see how many openings are available. I am Awaiting a response now.

If this is where they're holding this class, then I'm definitely interested as well.

Steel City Gun Club Information

Contact Info:

Steel City Gun Club

610-866-6411

Steel City Gun Club

P.O. Box 325

Bethlehem, PA. 18016

If this is where they're holding this class, then I'm definitely interested as well.

Steel City Gun Club Information

Contact Info:

Steel City Gun Club

610-866-6411

Steel City Gun Club

P.O. Box 325

Bethlehem, PA. 18016

Hmm... Not a fan of signing up by sending a check to a PO Box. Anyone have any experience with these folks?

The phone number is there.  So why not go old school and just call them and ask for references.  Sometimes you Kids amaze me!  Also check-out AR-15.com OR the PA Firearms Club's forum/blog.  Somebody will know something, lol!