checko

Local carbine training?

Hmm... Not a fan of signing up by sending a check to a PO Box. Anyone have any experience with these folks?

No experience with this facility, but Joe is pretty accommodating. Email him if you have concerns. Maybe he'll even allow you to bring a check with you on the day of the class (though this could be dependent on how he has to pay the facility).

I am registered for the S&T class on 9/14 in Bethlehem PA with 2 guys from work.

I will post an AAR after the class.

That's awesome! Joe is a great guy and I'm sure you guys will enjoy the class. Which I could make this one. I've taken his very first official VSM class years ago, and I hope to attend his carbine class one day, as all my training to this point has been on the pistol.

I'm in as well.  Will be sending my check out soon.  

Also, I talked to Joe about possibly getting a NJGF "private class" together.  He let me know it would be possible and that its a possibility to use the range in Bethlehem if there is enough notice.  There would need to be an 8 person minimum.

Who would be interested in this?  

Totally doable... I'd be in for a NJGF class.

Me too

I'm out for the 14th, but would definitely be in for a private NJGF class.

What type of schedules do you guys have?  Only weekends, fridays a no go, cant do october, ect?

Maybe I should start a thread in the Meetup section?

I'm sure weekends are preferred by most and would probably encourage more people to come. I prefer Saturdays over Sundays. And there is nothing wrong with taking classes in the fall. I actually prefer taking classes in cooler weather as opposed to 95 degree weather where all you do is sweat your balls off.

Yup. Add in an 8 day work week, 2 training days a month, and off-shift mandatory staff meetings and it gets crazy....

Yeah, spring or fall is the way to go. I also suggest looking into his 2 day classes.

That may cut down on people but not necessarily a bad thing,  

I might be interested depending on the date.  Is anyone interested in doing a handgun course as well?  We could do that at EFGA.  There's not much room there for a carbine course, but it's good for a handgun course.  I coordinated the recent MDTS course there so let me know if you want any info on the process.

Had a great day at the training class. I recommend Joe at S&T for a good instructor. Kept the class fun and good pace. I have some definite room for improvements to be made in trigger control and accuracy, but I think I can nail that pretty easily with more consistent range time. Something I'm sorely lacking in my current situation.

I'm exhausted so I'll write in a little more detail after good nights rest.

Was good to meet up with Rick (High Exposure) and a couple of his buddies, Mike, and Master Blaster (his name escapes me lol). Also Matt (I believe) the self proclaimed lurker haha. Start posting dude!