mimold

New HK P30S

Hey guys,

Just bought my first handgun, an HK P30S. Got it at Ottomanelli's and had a great experience there, very nice and knowledgeable guys. Really looking forward to start testing it at the GFH range. Time to finally start using the membership I got a few months ago :-)

Yep, same here... I think I was there when you got it...In 40 cal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's in 9 mm. I was there after 7.30 pm, with my wife. If you were in the store at that time, then nice to almost meet you :-)

Nope, wasn't me then... I was there earlier with a young lad buying his first handgun. He went with the 40...

But who knows... I'm there often and at the range... Maybe we'll meet up someday.

Enjoy your new toy... I also have it in 9mm (P30S V3)...

Thanks.

Yes, it has the decocker and also the safety (I guess that's where the S in P30S comes from). It really feels very comfortable, both for me and for my wife.

I know Caso's have some in stock with prices starting at $969 (and only 3.5% tax), but their schedule (open until 6 pm) wasn't good for me. 

Thanks.

Yes, it has the decocker and also the safety (I guess that's where the S in P30S comes from). It really feels very comfortable, both for me and for my wife.

I know Caso's have some in stock with prices starting at $969 (and only 3.5% tax), but their schedule (open until 6 pm) wasn't good for me.

I got my P30 at Caso's

From what I hear, the extra .6th of an inch (4.45" vs 3.85"), does not make it that much of a difference. Only worth it if you really want the safety...

Congrats. I have a p30 9mm but seriously considering getting a p30ls in 9mm and selling the one I have. It's a great gun but would prefer the longer barrel and external safety.

Great gun! Only thing I didn't like was the trigger(v3-da/sa). Changed the fpb and hammer spring,now it's awesome.

To what?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

i got the lighter firing pin block spring from hkparts. 10lb hammer spring from wolff springs.

both springs cost about $15 total plus shipping. easy to change and lowered trigger pull about 1.5lbs

doesn't change lenght of pull or lenght of reset,only trigger pull. still I like it better than factory.

You only regret it cause you bought it for a song and it will cost too much to replace it :). We've all been there. Lol

Well.... that too.  It was a great all around gun, uber reliable, great ergonomics, recoil was non existent. 

Its ok Bryan, I already have mags from that midway deal for a P30 and I don't even own one now. 

Both in da and sa?

i got the lighter firing pin block spring from hkparts. 10lb hammer spring from wolff springs.

both springs cost about $15 total plus shipping. easy to change and lowered trigger pull about 1.5lbs

doesn't change lenght of pull or lenght of reset,only trigger pull. still I like it better than factory.