71GTO

Two permits and I could use advice

I second that

+1, The Walther PPQ M2 was my first pistol.  Extremely comfortable and easy to shoot imo.  

I have another permit to use and undecided as well!  Thinking something along the lines of one of the Springfield XDm or XDs or maybe another 1911..... so many choices!

Where's James? Think he waited about 6 months for permits. I know I got two sets of permits before he got his first, and my first set included a new FID card since I lost mine!

Yep..Was even longer. Put in for permits end of April 2013, permits finally came in 1/10/14.

Since they came in, I picked up an M&P 9 Pro, and STI 2011 frame/slide fitted, and am now looking for a 625 JM for my last permit. Already filled out the paperwork for my next batch of permits, going to drop them off next week haha

Ammo probably costs more than your pistol in the long run, short run....

Check out the Sig website.  Tons of choices.  If you like DA/SA like 92FS, you'll like Sigs.  Except there's no safeties but you do get a decocker on many

damnit. I was going to say...

Probably? For sure you'll spend orders of magnitude more on ammo than on guns!

But then I looked... about $6000 in guns so far... only $4500 in ammo. :sadpanda:

Need to buy more ammo.

Just read this thread, and it's becoming more head-spinning for the OP.

Firearms purchases are very personal affairs.

It's like asking "what underwear will be comfortable for me?"

Nobody on this planet can tell you what you should buy.

You've actually gone about it the right way, and rented several firearms before making any kind of decision. Good for you. I'd say go back and rent again before you put your money down.

If the Beretta 92FS felt good, and shot well for you, that's definitely the way to go.

Beautiful handgun, especially in INOX (my personal opinion).

As for the #2 permit, simply rinse and repeat your initial steps.

Go out and find a range that has a Ruger GP100, S&W 686, 1911, or whatever else that you like.

(RTSP, Woodland Park, Shore Shot are some examples)

Try them out. Spending some money up front on rentals is much better than spending several hundred/thousand on a firearm, and then hating it. Then you'll have to sell it, and go through the permit process again.

If you are torn between a few different types/models, my suggestion would be to look at other factors, and

make a "Pros and Cons" list.

For example:  Cost of firearm, Cost of ammunition, Availability of ammo, Accessories, Styling, etc.

One warning... once you get hooked, you'll never stop at 2 purchases.

Good Luck!!

Thanks guys, it is confusing. I did get a nice 92fs in black. It's been over 30 days and I'm working on the next permit. I seems like a 686 is going to be hard to find and it can be expensive. I'm thinking now. I am going with a glock 22.

Thanks guys, it is confusing. I did get a nice 92fs in black. It's been over 30 days and I'm working on the next permit. I seems like a 686 is going to be hard to find and it can be expensive. I'm thinking now. I am going with a glock 22.

You spelled Walther PPQ wrong.