Bugsy732

Tactical Rifle/Shotgun Course November 23 @ South Jersey Shooting Club

I am in the process of organizing a "Tactical Rifle/Shotgun Course" at a range here in South Jersey. I have 3 people interested in the course. I have a class cap of 8-10 people who can attend the course. I am opening up an invitation to the forum members here if any one is interested in taking this course.

The instructor is  Kharis Sepulveda (sepulvedainc.com). He comes highly recommended from a fellow forum member as well as some other offline resources.  He is a NRA instructor for various disciplines. 

The course will cover a number of things from various rifles for home defense as well as various shooting drills. I have asked that a Primary to secondary transition technique be added to the training list as well (for those of us who have pistols as well).

NOTE: THIS IS A PRIVATE CLASS AND DAY OF WALK ON's WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THIS CLASS.

COST: $160+/- 

Class Length: 8 Hours +/-

Class size: 10 person limit

Location: South Jersey Shooting Club (tentative) - You do not need to be a member to attend this class.

Here is a brief course description from Kharis's website:

Course Description
This course is designed for those individuals that want to utilize a center-fire rifle for home defense. This 3-4 hour class will go over the various tactical techniques needed to efficiently deploy a rifle in a close quarters environment. The following topics will be reviewed:

- Using different types of rifles for home defense; semi-automatic, lever action, bolt-action and pump-action.

- Combat Loading techniques

- Moving and Shooting tactics. Students will have an opportunity to move and shoot down range in order to learn how to effectively handle a rifle in a realistic training environment.

- Using the appropriate loads for close quarter engagements

- Shooting from various positions (standing, kneeling, sitting and prone) behind cover

- NJ Use of Force laws

- Levels of Mental Awareness

Upon completion of the course, the student will have a thorough understanding as to how to properly deploy a rifle in a home-defense environment.

Ammunition requirements:

A minimum of 100 rounds of center-fire ammunition (or shotgun equivalent)

Students must bring their own rifle and ammunition to the class.

Class size will be limited to 6 students per session. Walk-ins are not permitted. All students need to pre-register for the course. .

We are looking to have this class near or after Thanksgiving. I will know a solid date the range is available by thursday of this week.

With all of that said... I have roughly 4-5 open spots that i can fill with forum members who may be interested in taking this class. If you are interested in attending this class please post here and i will put you on the list. As soon as i get the finalized dates and times i will post them. This is first come first served I will start a list so whoever is on top will have the best chance of attending this class.

NOTE: THIS IS AN INTEREST THREAD. There is no guarantee at this time that the class will happen. We are waiting to see if the range is available and will find out this week.

Please post your questions or interest in attending

10/21/13 update:

hey everyone, i have the details on the class....

• Date: November 23, 2013
  • Class Size: 10 person limit
  • Cost: $160
  • Course Length: 8 hours +/-
  • Start time: 10:30am
  • Schedule:
    • Classroom Session: 11am-1pm (aprox)
    • Lunch: 1pm - 2pm (please try and pack your own lunch if possible)
    • Range/Shooting Session: 2pm - 5pm (or dusk)
  • Minimum Ammo: 80-100 rounds of centerfire ammunition or shotgun equivalent
  • Students must bring your own AMMO and rifle to use. LOANERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.

The class is open to the first 10 people on the list in post 2. I will PM each person instructions on how to register for the class. If anyone decides to not participate in the class their spot will be given to the next person in line. Once you decide not to take the class you will lose you spot in the line and move to the back of the line.

I will be updating the 2nd post in this thread with the registered members so you can all keep track with me. I will also update the first post and title accordingly.

If you have any questions please post here or PM me.

Attendee list

• Bugsy732 - registered
  • Bugsy732 Guest 1 - registered
  • MPFLOOD - can't make it.
  • Mrs. MPFLOOD - can't make it.
  • Cmor1701d cant make it
  • Cmor1701d Guest cant make it
  • thelosticon - Attending
  • medicyeti - can't make it.
  • bignic83 - can't make it.
  • porthole - can't make it.
  • blksheep- can't make it.
  • CATI- Attending
  • Arbeless- can't make it
  • FLHX- Attending
  • HavocMan
  • wrightlife
  • 1LtCap Attending

Ok i added you guys too.  

I spoke to Kharis today and it looks like since there is so much interest in this class he is going to see if he can do two classes that day at the range. Do them back to back so everyone who is interested can take the class.

we will be limited to a total of 20 people. up to 10 per class. so if you are interested please post up. 

hey everyone, i have the details on the class....

• Date: November 23, 2013
  • Class Size: 10 person limit
  • Cost: $160
  • Course Length: 8 hours +/-
  • Start time: 10:30am
  • Schedule:
    • Classroom Session: 11am-1pm (aprox)
    • Lunch: 1pm - 2pm (please try and pack your own lunch if possible)
    • Range/Shooting Session: 2pm - 5pm (or dusk)
  • Minimum Ammo: 80-100 rounds of centerfire ammunition or shotgun equivalent
  • Students must bring your own AMMO and rifle to use. LOANERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.

The class is open to the first 10 people on the list in post 2. I will PM each person instructions on how to register for the class. If anyone decides to not participate in the class their spot will be given to the next person in line. Once you decide not to take the class you will lose you spot in the line and move to the back of the line.

I will be updating the 2nd post in this thread with the registered members so you can all keep track with me. I will also update the first post and title accordingly.

If you have any questions please post here or PM me.