Brando

Bought my first gun!!

Today I acquired my first handgun after getting approved for my FID and 2 pistol permits on 9/26 from West Caldwell.

I tested a springfield xd40 and a glock 19 gen 3 at RTSP last night 10/11/13. I liked the glock alot and the springfield xd40 was nice, but a bit too much for me as it was only the 3rd/4th time I've been to a range.

Well I stopped over at Ramsey Outdoor after RTSP closed and really liked the Springfield XDM. I purchased a Springfield XDM 9mm 3.8 compact, unfortunately NICS was closed as it was later in the day. I went back today at 9 am when Ramsey opened, but turns out NICs doesn't open until 10 AM. After waiting around for a bit I was finally able to process everyting and leave with my new XDM. I took it to RTSP and shot 100 rounds through it without any hiccups.

I think I found my new hobby!!

I look forward to going to the range more and having fun.

Only concern is does anyone have a good source for 9mm ammo? I would like to bulk purchase probably 1,000 rounds or so to have on hand.

Thanks!

And treat all who show up free ammo, coffee, and donuts. 

Lmao I'll bring the gun you guys bring the ammo, coffee, donuts :maninlove::mole::kingxmas:

My piggy bank is spent for the next month or so until I get my bonus in December. At that point I'll be buying my 2nd pistol and probably an AR15 and a larger gun safe :).

GunBot is your friend...

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/

Congrats on your new baby..

Little tip about online retailers..  Places like Midway, Palmetto State Armory, Natchez SS, etc., require a digital copy of your FID before they will fulfill your order..  Scan that puppy and call Customer Service at each of those places and confirm with them how to send to them (email attachment to a customer service email address is usually the way to go)..  This way, you dont have to futz around during checkout and possibly lose the order from lack of stock..  (sometimes it goes fast)

Congrats, got my first last night myself! I got my ammo from rareammo.com. 500 rounds for $190 (give or take a few dollars) shipped. They shipped here without issue and got the ammo within 5 days. (Found the deal through GunBot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I became a 1st time owner as of yesterday. A classic P226 9mm.  Will break it in and enjoy it immensely.

One more permit to go... looking at a S & W Shield 9mm... Furthermore, a 12g pump. Probably a Mossberg 500.

I know the Mav 88 is cheaper, but I prefer the safety on top and not near the trigger guard. Wish I could afford a

JM Pro semi, but that will have to wait.

Spreadsheet filled out.  Independence Twp. was 24 calendar days from submission date to pick up date for Initial FID  + 2 permits.

Anyway... Thanks to all for their help. 

Regards,
HB

I became a 1st time owner as of yesterday. A classic P226 9mm.  Will break it in and enjoy it immensely.

One more permit to go... looking at a S & W Shield 9mm... Furthermore, a 12g pump. Probably a Mossberg 500.

I know the Mav 88 is cheaper, but I prefer the safety on top and not near the trigger guard. Wish I could afford a

JM Pro semi, but that will have to wait.

Spreadsheet filled out.  Independence Twp. was 24 calendar days from submission date to pick up date for Initial FID  + 2 permits.

Anyway... Thanks to all for their help. 

Regards,

HB

Check out the Mossberg 835, blasting a few 3 1/2" shells from time to time is fun.