Lightfighter124

Thoughts on the Winchester Model 75 Target rifle?

Just curious what you guys think. Everywhere I looked they were selling for $500 to over $1,200. I have one I bought from a friend because he isn't a gun guy and his father in law who was the original owner, passed. Hasn't been fired in no less than 40 years. I not sure if I'm keeping it because I'm considering a Remington 700 or 770 in the future. Thoughts?

My Mother bought me a Winchester Mod-75 target model on my 14th birthday from Bambergers Dept Store in Newark Nj. The orginal rear sight was a Winchester 75  with a globe front sight and a bunch of inserts. I used it all thru the NRA junior program progressing thru all the stages. One hole 5 shot groups prone at 75 feet indoors on the East Orange YMCA indoor range.   I still shoot and enjoy it 63 years later.

Dave Zawicki

I, I'll bite. How do you know? The one I have is in damn good condition. Post pics when I get home.

That's mine in the picture in my post, and it was my father's before it became mine.

The sad part is that it's less difficult to find .308 and other 30 cal rounds than .22lr. I will shoot it before I decide if I'm gonna sell it or not, I just gotta find .22LR. If these are going for such high dollar amounts, I can sell it, get a Remington 7xx and maybe a cheaper .22lr. Dunno at this point