tony357

leh pd instructions for fis app.. 30 day rule

While nj2as is dealing with it everyone in little egg harbor should just keep applying for 1 permit every 30 days even if you don't need them. Eventually they will get sick of seeing everyone's faces and dealing with everyone constantly. " oh hi detective Smith, sorry to bother you get again.... Golly, it sure sucks that your dept isnt allowing 3 or 6 permits at a time because then you would only have to deal with this occasionally. See you in a few weeks detective, I feel bad that you have to do all this redundant paperwork but the rules are the rules"

Luckily I am home from work at 130 pm and the PD is 3.blocks from my house so I have plenty of time to do something like that. I've called and stopped in my PD so many times they might be obligated to hire me.

This is something that should be dealt with by each multiple permit applicant. When they tell you that you can only apply for one, you have to produce the letter to the CLEO's from the NJSP telling them they can't restrict the number of permits applied for. That letter is on the board here somewhere - someone with a better memory than mine can find it and link to it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

While nj2as is dealing with it everyone in little egg harbor should just keep applying for 1 permit every 30 days even if you don't need them. Eventually they will get sick of seeing everyone's faces and dealing with everyone constantly. " oh hi detective Smith, sorry to bother you get again.... Golly, it sure sucks that your dept isnt allowing 3 or 6 permits at a time because then you would only have to deal with this occasionally. See you in a few weeks detective, I feel bad that you have to do all this redundant paperwork but the rules are the rules"

Luckily I am home from work at 130 pm and the PD is 3.blocks from my house so I have plenty of time to do something like that. I've called and stopped in my PD so many times they might be obligated to hire me.

Is it "practical," though, to request more than three at a time per sts-033, considering OGAM, and the permits being valid only for 90 days from the date of issue? Or am I wrong about the 90 day limit?

Is it "practical," though, to request more than three at a time per sts-033, considering OGAM, and the permits being valid only for 90 days from the date of issue? Or am I wrong about the 90 day limit?

Most municipalities will extend permits to their maximum 180 days from date of issue - however, this is at the CLEO's discretion. Also there are exceptions for multiple purchase, that, while they don't affect OGAM, do require one permit for each gun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I turned them in to the attorney general in 2010 and pissed off the detective.. They know you can apply for more than one and do let you they just have not changed their instruction sheet i still have the letter from the state..I will have to remind them when mikey drops off his paperwork..

I resolved this with my town right after OGAM went into affect.  The Chief thought that he could only issue one per month.  I told him that it was not the fact and that there was a letter from the NJSP stating this.  The Chief apologized and said that he would issue a hundred if he could.  Instead of arguing, I called the NJSP firearms unit and informed them of this.  My local PD received a call from the NJSP informing them that they should issue as many as requested.  The local PD delivered the remaining permits to my house with an apology.