Howard

What type of critter does this?

Dragons?  I think not, I am fairly certain I would know if we had a dragon infestation.  There is a small section of the rubber gasket at the bottom of the garage door that looks like it was chewed maybe 3" long, but that only leave a gap there of about 3/4" or less.  This is very strange.  My dogs have been sniffing around the garage of late, so I think there really might be something like a mouse or chipmunk around - but I can't imagine one of them bringing in rocks, especially not that many in such a short time.  I think the idea of being haunted might be it.

Squirels or chipmunks will do this when they are burrowing a hole. They move the gravel to one place once out of the hole

OK, that makes sense, but this is in the garage which has a solid concrete floor and the driveway next to it is blacktop, so there is not gravel close by.  Will have to do some exploring.

OK, that makes sense, but this is in the garage which has a solid concrete floor and the driveway next to it is blacktop, so there is not gravel close by.  Will have to do some exploring.

Set up a trail camera.  I did this when I was wondering how the bait disappeared.

Dragons?  I think not, I am fairly certain I would know if we had a dragon infestation.  There is a small section of the rubber gasket at the bottom of the garage door that looks like it was chewed maybe 3" long, but that only leave a gap there of about 3/4" or less.  This is very strange.  My dogs have been sniffing around the garage of late, so I think there really might be something like a mouse or chipmunk around - but I can't imagine one of them bringing in rocks, especially not that many in such a short time.  I think the idea of being haunted might be it.

...Just Google my handle...

So ther is no gravel anywhere in the vicinity of where you found it? I really doubt a critter will bring gravel inside your garage. Chances are something is digging a hole somewhere and came across a bed of gravel and is moving it out of the way in order to proceed. Check for holes inthe surrounding area.

The only thing under it is a 2"x6" pressure treated wood plank that I have an irrigation pump mounted to.  There are no holes in the garage floor or block wall and nothing with gravel right outside the garage.  I asked my wife if this was some sort of prank and she assured me it was not.  Its very strange.

I've seen groundhogs claw though a cider block wall and push Quarry Process out from under a garage floor, so I would double check that something hasn't made a new hole somewhere. That gravel looks to me like it was under your floor and was somehow pushed out.