warden469

usana?

Anyone know if this range still open?  The website I had saved is no longer available.  I had planned on going down there on Sunday to check it out and join, but cant find any current info.  Sent an e-mail to an address I had saved and have not received a response.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Called and spoke to Skip, real nice guy. Said he would be there tomorrow 6am till around 11am. Told me to come in and see him, orientation takes about 5 or 10 minutes. Cost for the rest of this year is $45 or can pay $220 for the rest of this year and all of next year for me and family. Can shoot as soon as orientation is done. He did mention the "back" ranges are closed due to legal issues but the front ranges are up and running. I'm gonna try to be there around 8 or 9am.

I can give an update and more info after I meet him tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help.

Went to Usana. Met Skip around 9am.  He was having a very busy day, had me fill out the membership paperwork, and then told me the rules of the range.  I paid the $220 for the rest of this year and next.  The membership includes me and all of my family, including as Skip said, as far back as your Great Grandfather if he is still alive.  Non family guests are $10 per visit, they have to fill out a quick insurance waiver, and off you go.  The $10 fee is on the honor system.

I believe Skip said the place was 200 acres. Ranges that I saw today are outdoor with roofs over the shooting tables. They have 15, 25, 50, 100 yard ranges open now that I saw.  There were a couple ranges closed today due to lead removal, don't know what distance they were. There was an indoor range but I did not see it.

Being a member entitles you to camp there.  You can also ride dirt bikes or 4 wheelers there.

He mentioned the back ranges were closed due to some legal BS, but they had a court hearing soon. Don't know what that means but I guess will find out soon enough.  They are taking donations for there legal fund if anyone is interested. A link is on the site listed on the post above.

Range hours are Mon. - Fri. 8am - 530pm

Sat. 9am - 5pm

Sun. 9am - 12:30pm

You can shoot archery, air rifle, air pistol, bb guns, or paintball guns on or AFTER normal range hours.

Do they allow steel targets?.....is it bring you're own target stand and set as whatever distance you'd like on the various ranges or do you use their frames and staple your paper targets at the preset distances?

Steel targets have to be approved by the RO per the list of range rules they gave me. Did not see anyone using them on Sunday.

All ranges that I saw had preset target stands, you staple your paper.  I saw two guys on the 25 yd range that had moved the table down range and were shooting at 10yds.  I believe if I wanted to shoot at 25 yds, they would have to move back. Not sure how that works though. 

Just as additional info... there was a building I saw.  There was a door with a few guys standing outside of it.  It appeared, or I should say I am assuming to be a rapid or action type shooting exercise.  Then again, maybe it was a clubhouse or something. I did not see inside of it or if it had a roof.  I did not ask any questions regarding this.

I should note every shooter I spoke with was very nice and very helpful.