Pizza Bob

What? Another Revolver???

OK, I can't stop myself. First I stumbled upon a 4" model 624 (.44 Special) and just had to have it. Didn't have any permits, but my township is pretty good with issuing them in a timely manner. Of course we all know that you never get just one permit, so, per SOP, I put in for two, "just in case".

That second permit has just been languishing in my glove box for the last four or five weeks. So I am perusing another forum (which shall remain nameless) - not even in the classifieds, just the "Handguns" section when I come across a post inquiring about values for S&W PC guns and a bunch of pictures. Some of the pics misidentified the subjects or had wrong info, etc. They garnered several replies. I noted that the OP was from SE Pennsylvania, so I e-mailed him expressing interest in one of the pictured guns. One thing led to another and, as of this morning, I no longer have the second permit - it is now being disbursed by my FFL, while I try to keep from drooling on this...

333fzg6.jpg

29yh6yb.jpg

That is a Performance Center 627-4 chambered in .38 Super. It has a 5.5" barrel and a compensator. That will be removed and replaced with the muzzle cap for competition. As I was negotiating for this, all I could think of was (I believe it was) Raz-O stating that with the USPSA rule change, it's not like people were going to be running out and buying 8-shot revolvers. Truly I had no intention of doing just that. I just didn't want the hassle of the expensive moonclips or the extreme (read that Alec) of using .38 Short Colt to help obviate cartridge wiggle and speed reloading. But the .38 Super round precludes that whole debacle, plus I have a great source for ammo using the same load the AMU uses.

The pictures show it in stock configuration. I have to purchase some items to "make it mine". One parting shot - I don't know if this was ever fired (it wasn't by the person from which it was purchased), but it absolutely has the best DA I've encountered on an out-of-the-box revolver - so good that I'm not even going to fool with it. Gotta go burn-up the Internet buying geegaws and gimcracks for the new toy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am not a fan of the grips either - they will be one of the first things changed out to Hogue Big Butts to mimic my 625. I have to say that of the Miculek type grips, these are the nicest I have ever seen - the two halves are book-matched with a nice grain - rare with any Hogues. Will also be getting a front FO .100" wide sight.

@Alec: No I won't :onthequiet:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

half of my handguns are revolvers too, EXCEPT I only own two handguns. Heck, every time Bob posts pics of his latest acquisitions there's AT LEAST two! I bet the 624 is nice too, probably to add to the other dozen 624s. I am not, jealous, I am not jealous...

Bob, that's gorgeous!!  I really like it. 

I stumbled across something myself yesterday.  I'll post pics of it in a different thread.  But, like you, I happened to strike up a conversation with the right person at the right time. 

Good luck with her.

C