Blake

Optics for M&P CORE or FNX Tac?

Just picked up a 40L CORE from TJ's Sporting Arms today (thanks Tony!) and was wondering which optics those of you with a CORE or FNX Tactical chose and why.  I am also going to be purchasing an fnx to replace my fnp and would like something that could be interchanged if possible.  

Looking at alot of the options it seems the dots are rather large (5-8 MOA), as someone who likes a 2 MOA dot on a rifle this strikes me as rather large - hence asking for the input of anyone who has any pistol mounted dots!

The new Trijicon RMRs are the way to go. The newest version (the version shipping now) has been redesigned to be more robust and will withstand the abuse of a reciprocating slide much better.

As far as dot size, I have and RMR02 with an 8moa dot, (On a milled Glock 35). I have no problem ringing an 8" disk at 50 yards. With your arms at full extension the dot appears smaller since it is further from our eye, it is precise and fast - a good balance.

So you know a new upgraded RMR from an old version - The new more improved RMR models seem to be six digit serial numbers starting around 108,400 and have a new square QR code on the right sight of the optic frame, right above the serial number.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I will call wherever I buy it from first to make sure they have the new models.  

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I decided to go with the RMR01 and finally got it out to the range today.  It took a little bit of getting used to, but I really like it.  The 3.25 moa dot is a perfect size IMO, and I was ringing 8" steel discs at 20yds with near perfect accuracy which I would generally hit 2/3 of the time without the dot.  

szy0.jpg

qn5r.jpg

What did the whole setup cost you with the milling?

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I decided to go with the RMR01 and finally got it out to the range today. It took a little bit of getting used to, but I really like it. The 3.25 moa dot is a perfect size IMO, and I was ringing 8" steel discs at 20yds with near perfect accuracy which I would generally hit 2/3 of the time without the dot.

szy0.jpg

qn5r.jpg

Nice. I have a CORE on order and can't wait for it. Can u co-witness with the rmr.,

You can adjust the dot to be wherever you want it to be.  I put it just over the front sight as that's where I found it easiest to hit the target.  Someone with more experience might be able to provide better insight.  

Duno if you paid for the pistol or not yet, but Tony @ TJ's Sporting Arms had the best price out the door of anywhere I have seen.  Might be worth it to send him a PM, he is a forum vendor.  I have purchased many firearms from him and the service/prices are excellent.   

What did the whole setup cost you with the milling?

The M&P CORE comes drilled from the factory for several different red dots, and they include the mounting plates for all of them.  I waited quite some time to find the right deal and the whole package set me back less than $1k.  The general selling price for the RMR is about $500-550 and the pistol is generally around $650-700.  

Next step is to get the 9mm barrel for it so I can shoot both 9 and 40.  

Thanks Blake. I ordered through Remixer here on the forum. Price was a comparable to most vendors.

Right now I'm torn between the delta and trijicon. How many mags cme with your kit?

Steve is also a great guy to deal with, I was just at his place last Sat.

I think the gun came with 2, but I could be mistaken.  I know I have 8 now but I ordered a bunch of mags from CDNN right after I bought the gun.  They had factory 15rd .40 mags for 17.99 so I bought a bunch.