jm3isme

Rattle can ar paint job.. Lets see pics

Both the adapter and stock are made by ace. The adapter is not on their website, you have to call them and send them a closeup picture of the slanted portion of the receiver. The stock is the tactical lite or something like that. It comes with a foam sleeve but i tossed that and wrapped the tube in 18 feet of paracord.

Glad I was following this thread, this just answered how to swap the stock on my Zastava too

The good news is, spray paint is relatively easy to remove should you not be happy with the result

Probably going the opposite here but what's the best way to remove the spray paint if you are unhappy?  My brother in law has an A2 upper that was painted forest green.  He has an A3 upper receiver on a rifle that is mostly A2 and he would like to do a swap-a-roo.  Before swapping the A2 upper, he wants it back to black.  

I've read paint stripper, mineral oil, penetrating oil or carb cleaner.  I'd like to salvage the original finish so I think carb cleaner may be out.

Well done laddie!

What colors/paint did you use?

Thanks.  I used Rustoleum Camo spray paint.  Earth Brown, Deep Forest Green, and Army Green

I really like how flat it came out.. and how you kept the color changes very muted.. 

I just ordered some new parts for the 308 AR and will be repainting it soon.. 

I started with the army green (lightest) and did a pretty light coating.  I used fast swipes of Brown and Forest Green at close range to get some patterns and then smoothed out the edges with the 2 greens from further away.   I'm happy with the results.  It looks a little darker in person which I like. 

Yeah sunlight made it look very light.

Ohh boy. Weeeeeell...

Its a BCM EAG HS upper (14.5 mid length with LW barrel and pinned dynacomp), bcm BCG, Raptor CH, magpul furniture with moe+ grip, iwc qd cup, str stock with tango down pr4 sling mount, spikes spider lower (color filled, waste of money) with ALG ACT trigger and PSA lpk, magpul back mbus, vortex 3x mag in FTS mount, eotech exps2-0, and EAG surefire Fury (500 lumens) in a gg&g ring on a moe scout mount. I run it on a vtac 2pt sling.

The upper came as is including bcg, sans 3x mag, RDS, and dynacomp. Also came with a bunch of goodies including a $100 off training certificate that im using next week. I highly recommend it.

Very Nice! But the red, white and blue kind of defeats the purpose of the subdued flag...

Maybe I'll paint my light weight AR...

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

For you guys wanting to try a camo paint job, Walmart has a variety 6 pack of camo paint for 14 and change. Cheapest I seen this anywhere... Easier than trying to find all the colors in one place... Some stores don't carry all the colors or have them in stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Camouflage-6-Pack-Spray-Kit/22795511