Sign in to follow this  
Smokin .50

G.S.B.P.A. To Host "Nipple Cup" Match This Sunday 11-24-13!

CALLING ALL BLACK POWDER ENTHUSIASTS!

The Garden State Black Powder Association will once again be hosting their Annual "Nipple Cup" Match this Sunday at 10:00 am at a farm up in Vernon Twp. in Sussex County, NJ.  The Club will be holding our regular monthly (Paper) Match and then the famous Nipple Cup, a Novelty-styled Match which is so named because of the gloriously DREADFUL 4' high Trophy adorned with baby bottle nipples all over it.  The Winner (or in some cases the Loser) gets to take it home for display to all of those willing to cast a glance on this horrid creation, lol!

The Rules of the Nipple Cup Match vary, are determined upon arrival at the Match, can be changed at a moments notice or at the sheer whim of the Cup Chairman, and will confound all explanation!  So what's Up is Down, and vice-versa, lol!  A really fun Match to participate in OR watch, so why not plan on coming-out and having some fun with us all!

Both traditional side-lock Percussion and Flinlocks are allowed.  I'm told the Matches will total around 30 shots or so; bring enough powder and ball for at least that much FUN!  All here are invited, so long as you have a sincere desire to have fun and learn a little history, are a SAFE shooter AND PM ME to let me know you'll be coming (so I can give you directions and my cell number).

So for those folks who have corresponded with Rob and I over the past few months, NOW is your chance to come and see what we do OR have even more fun DOING IT WITH US!  Cost for the Match should be only $10 American.  Only Club Members can win this Trophy, but all are invited to join-in on the FUN!  Club Memberships are only $40 Annually.  New Shooters must sign a standard shooting waiver to participate.  More details available via a phone call!

Hope to see some of you from the forum!

Dave

G.S.B.P.A. Chief Range Safety Officer

its an urban carbine class. been looking for one i can go to for a while but couldnt because of scheduling conflicts. i look at it this way, at least ill still be shooting.

O-K, have fun!  And bring both plugs and muffs.  Carbines inside is NOT quiet, lol!