cold shot

New AR Trigger - Tac-con 3MR trigger group

From their website:

3 Mode Drop-In Trigger
3rd Mode Has a Positive Reset Characteristic
Semi Auto is a Match Grade 4 1/2 Pound Pull Rate
Offers Zero Take-Up & No Overtravel
Components are Full EDM & CNC’d in House
Components are Coated with NP3 (Nickel Teflon)
3 Mode Billet Selector Included
BATFE Compliant/Non-NFA

TacCon-3MR-Trigger.jpg

This would be a cool toy for my AR but not sure if it would end up being legal in this state ?

So one round on trigger pull, one round on reset? Hmm... sounds interesting but I'll pass. I know the full auto buzz will go away as soon as I blow through a couple boxes of ammo in under a minute. Cool toy though!

So one round on trigger pull, one round on reset? Hmm... sounds interesting but I'll pass. I know the full auto buzz will go away as soon as I blow through a couple boxes of ammo in under a minute. Cool toy though!

Good thing is it has a regular semi mode, so just pace yourself and stay away from the "giggle switch" and youll be fine!

THIS..how'd ya like to blow through a $20 spot of ammo in a few seconds

$500 for a trigger and I won't have $20 for ammo

^^^this.  Maybe if it was ~$250 Id think about getting one just for S&G, but at $500 Ill pass.  Cool idea though, but my biggest worry about buying it would be the ATF reversing thier decision on its legality and then being out $500.

I also doubt this will be legal in NJ. If they're expecting one round per trigger pull, how many rounds will this fire off if you pull the trigger twice? 3? 4 if you release the second trigger pull.

I would save my $500 and put that in my "moving the hell out of NJ" fund.

I also doubt this will be legal in NJ. If they're expecting one round per trigger pull, how many rounds will this fire off if you pull the trigger twice? 3? 4 if you release the second trigger pull.

I would save my $500 and put that in my "moving the hell out of NJ" fund.

It only fires 1 round per trigger pull, nothing on the release, not sure where you were getting that from. 

Heres an email from them with some more info

Thanks for your interest in Tac Con.

About the Tac-Con 3MR Trigger

The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Con's patented 3rd Mode. *The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight. *Why 4.5 pounds? *Because most law enforcement agencies limit any trigger used for duty to 4.5 pounds and above. Extensive testing done by Tac-Con, the ATF (BATFE), and professional shooters have proven that this is the fastest semi-automatic trigger in the world. The 3MR is ATF approved and is NOT a NFA part. Each trigger is accompanied by a copy of the ATF letter. This is not a bump fire system. The shooter must pull the trigger once for every round fired.

Additional information will be available at*www.tacfirecon.com*on December 1st.

Thank you for your interest in Tac-Con!!

If you had a 22lr upper and used that to train with... it could be semi practical

I don't think a 23 upper would operate it. It's got a little lever doohickey out back that is tripped by the carrier going back. The lever forces the trigger forward.

It's clever. I can see the batfe getting all worked up having to say yes to this or redefine full auto. It's very much like the shoe string device, but keeping the finger in the equation.

I don't think a 23 upper would operate it. It's got a little lever doohickey out back that is tripped by the carrier going back. The lever forces the trigger forward.

It's clever. I can see the batfe getting all worked up having to say yes to this or redefine full auto. It's very much like the shoe string device, but keeping the finger in the equation.

Supposedly they already have a letter from the ATF saying that its GTG, but I havent seen it yet.