New Glock 42

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE
  • Locationtoms river
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Glock is running an ad for their new pistol. I am hoping it is going to be a single stack 9mm to rival the shield and xds. What do you guys think?
NEW JERSEY STATE CONSTITUTION 1947
ARTICLE I
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

Just not with a gun...

#2 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE
  • Locationtoms river

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

I tried to add a picture of the ad but I'm on my phone and I failed. It has a picture of a zippo and says the only thing smaller that fires every time. Coming Jan 2014 so I'm thinking shot show
ARTICLE I
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

Just not with a gun...

#3 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE
  • Locationtoms river

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Maybe this time?

Attached Files

ARTICLE I
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

Just not with a gun...

#4 Topher

Topher
  • LocationBergen Cty.
  • Home Range:Woodland Park

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Revolver?  :maninlove:

C

Christopher

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin

#5 diamondd817

diamondd817
  • LocationNear Morristown
  • Home Range:RTSP, Bullet Hole, Cherry Ridge

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Its a .380 single stack pocket pistol to compete with the Ruger LCP, Bodyguard, etc.

The are also introducing the Glock 41, which will be a long slide .45 Acp (G21).
“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others. “The fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ... NRA President David Keene

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS
ANJRPC

#6 Polak

Polak
  • Home Range:North Jersey

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Time to apply for some permits... :maninlove:

Reloading NOOB

Hornady LnL AP Press .45ACP 

Powder - Green Dot Primers- Winchester Large Pistol

Visit NJ where laws are made to protect criminals not the innocent

#7 Topher

Topher
  • LocationBergen Cty.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Its a .380 single stack pocket pistol to compete with the Ruger LCP, Bodyguard, etc.

The are also introducing the Glock 41, which will be a long slide .45 Acp (G21).

Oh....

You think they're gonna make a revolver anytime soon?

C

Christopher

#8 LorenzoS

LorenzoS

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Finally the all ceramic pistol that cannot be identified by metal detectors that we were promised since Die Hard. 

Godammit New Jersey. Godammit.

#9 diamondd817

diamondd817

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Oh....

C

A......no.
“The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunters. Hunters use firearms. Hunters have every right to use firearms, as do target shooters, as do gun collectors, as do others. “The fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment has to do with personal and national defense. It was put into the Constitution by the founders who considered it as important indeed as the First Amendment.” ... NRA President David Keene

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS
ANJRPC

#10 LorenzoS

LorenzoS

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Did they just skip the G40 model designation to avoid confusion with the G22/G23 "Glock Fo-tays"?

Godammit New Jersey. Godammit.

#11 Topher

Topher
  • LocationBergen Cty.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

A......no.

:keeporder:

Christopher

#12 diamondd817

diamondd817

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Did they just skip the G40 model designation to avoid confusion with the G22/G23 "Glock Fo-tays"?

Yes, that's the reasoning.

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS
ANJRPC

#13 jermz1987

jermz1987

NJ ZED Zombie Interrogation Unit Director

• Moderators
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationHightstown
  • Home Range:Ft. Dix & Brick Armory

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

yeah, I am betting on a 380 as well.

#14 GRIZ

GRIZ

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

If its a 380 it has to be made here. The 380 G25 is the same size as the 26 and can't be sold to the public as the caliber prevents it from get enough points under GCA 68.

#15 BullzeyeNJ

BullzeyeNJ
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:Riverdale Police Pistol Team

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I hope its a 1911 platform! :good:

#16 GRIZ

GRIZ

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I hope its a 1911 platform! :good:

Don't think Glock is going there.

#17 BullzeyeNJ

BullzeyeNJ
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:Riverdale Police Pistol Team

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Don't think Glock is going there.

One can only dream...

glock_1911-tfb.jpg

#18 diamondd817

diamondd817

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Oh....

C

liiyd.jpg

Attached Files

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS
ANJRPC

#19 jerseygti337

jerseygti337
  • Home Range:SJSC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

http://njgunforums.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif eru4u8a7.jpg

That thing looks like one of my folding hand saws!

#20 vladtepes

vladtepes
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

if its a tiny glock im in for an ultra small carry gun... ive looked and looked and looked at 380s.. but could never convince myself.. but if its a tiny glock im in..

Click Each of the following to learn about rules and regulations regarding NJ. Each has detailed information allowing you to understand what you can and can not have.
Semiautomatic Rifle Semiautomatic Handgun Semiautomatic Shotgun

Information On Modifying Imported Semi Automatic Rifles (922)

Saiga Build Information Saiga 7.62x39 Build

BackwoodsCustomCoatings im not breaking your balls...youre seriously crazy...

#21 checko

checko
  • LocationHillsborough, Somerset County
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

http://njgunforums.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif eru4u8a7.jpg

Thats way to ergo to be a glock

Colt 80's Series 1911 .45

Walther PPQ M1 9mm
Beretta M9 9mm
Ruger SR22 .22

Smith & Wesson 469 9mm
Mossberg M590A1 12 gauge
Stag/Spikes AR15 5.56
BCM/Spikes AR15 5.56

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

-General James Mattis

#22 Topher

Topher
  • LocationBergen Cty.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

AWESOME!!!

C

Christopher

#23 Scrap

Scrap
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Above poster is right, its a micro domestic .380 and a "full sized tactical .45"
Detective Paul Diskant: "Shouldn't we roll with backup??!" --- Tom Ludlow: "F*&# Back-up." Street Kings

#24 ogfarmer

ogfarmer
  • LocationSomerset County
  • Home Range:Heritage Guild Easton, EFGA, LVSC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Glock-42.jpg

“Nothin' more useless than an unloaded gun. ”

― Tony Soprano

#25 Polak

Polak
  • Home Range:North Jersey

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Glock-42.jpg

LOL. If that were it, it would be impossible to hold sine the subcompacts are hard to get a good grip on.

Reloading NOOB

Hornady LnL AP Press .45ACP 

Powder - Green Dot Primers- Winchester Large Pistol

Visit NJ where laws are made to protect criminals not the innocent

#26 Underdog

Underdog

Constitutional Conservative

• Premier Member
  • 3,427 posts
  • LocationNorthwestern NJ

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

if its a tiny glock im in for an ultra small carry gun... ive looked and looked and looked at 380s.. but could never convince myself.. but if its a tiny glock im in..

The Colt Pony looks pretty sweet.

"We must make our election between economy and Liberty, or profusion and servitude." -Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

#27 DevsAdvocate

DevsAdvocate
  • LocationMorristown, NJ
  • Home Range:Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club and RTSP

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

.380?  That would be dumb.  Why not a 9mm?  It would appear they would want to compete with the Nano, the Shield, the Ruger 9mm LCP, and the compact XD.

Honestly, you're not saving much space going to a .380 from a 9mm.

#28 bignic83

bignic83
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Home Range:South Texas Marksmen

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

If it is a subcompact 9mm I am in. Love my 17 and 23. Otherwise still thinking about a Shield for carry. Currently using my 23 in PA.

Texas: Land of the Free

#29 diamondd817

diamondd817

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

.380? That would be dumb. Why not a 9mm? It would appear they would want to compete with the Nano, the Shield, the Ruger 9mm LCP, and the compact XD.

Honestly, you're not saving much space going to a .380 from a 9mm.

The Ruger LCP .380 is one of the best selling handguns of all times as stated on budsgunshop.com home page. Glock wants a piece of that action.

I think Glock figures their G26 competes with the shield, Nano, etc. If you compare the G26 side by side with the shield, nano, etc, it is very close in size.

Member:

NRA
SAF
NJ2AS
ANJRPC

#30 Underdog

Underdog

Constitutional Conservative

• Premier Member
  • 3,427 posts
  • LocationNorthwestern NJ

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

How about a single-stack 9mm  w/ an additional .22LR conversion upper.   That would be awesome.  Or, maybe a Glock AR in .40S&W w/ a 9mm Timberwolf conversion barrel.

"We must make our election between economy and Liberty, or profusion and servitude." -Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users