dman2112

Bullets.com NJ UNFRIENDLY will not ship

Ordered .22LR from bullets.com and received an email the next day that the order has been cancelled "due to the laws in your state"

See below.  Lame.

We appreciate receiving your order, however, due to our understanding of the laws in your state, we are unable to ship the BL11113 Ammo 22Lr 40Gr Solid Rn Std+, Box of 50, so we have cancelled your order.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.  We appreciate your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Danielle
Customer Service
Bullets.com
[email protected]
1-800-235-0272

buncha prix. When I come across the un-friendys they get several un-friendly emails "thanking" them for helping me/us hold our ground with the 2A.. I dont even try to speak to someone anymore always useless and more frustrating.

Thats the funny part.  There is none other than verifying my FID.  Even PSA does that and they have like 2 people in customer service.  What balls to say "due to the laws in your state".

Plus I am a Grizzly customer so I'm not going to even buy their woodworking crap any more.  This is the same stupidity as the Diane Gallets thing last year with high capacity magazines.  Same ignorance.

That's kind of a scary trend :-(

Apart from my already-known-and-described-here recent experience with Buds I have run into TWO MORE online stores lately that just don't ship ANYTHING to NJ (and to CA, NY as well). No explanation given, written somewhere in small font at the bottom of "Contact Us" section.

I have to say, I am not very fond of our state either, but that's quite a rare situation in a free trade market, I'd say.

If you let liquor stores sell booze and cigarettes to underage drinkers without penalizing them for doing so, they'd start doing it in a blink of an eye (or at least most of them). Reason is simple - it *expands* the market thus raising turnover, bringing higher profits etc. At the same time I rarely see sales people artificially *shrinking* market for themselves voluntarily...

It's definitely something to think about. I just don't believe selling 22LR ammo even to a completely restricted state bears such a risk that it heavily outweights all possible proceeds from the sales...

On the other hand, at times of elevated demand the market becomes a seller's market and it's not a customer choosing where to buy, but rather a salesperson choosing who to sell...

Sick anyway...

Plus I am a Grizzly customer so I'm not going to even buy their woodworking crap any more.  This is the same stupidity as the Diane Gallets thing last year with high capacity magazines.  Same ignorance.

What's the connection with Grizzly? I have a fair amount of stuff from them.

I didn't stumble upon this thread until after I tried to order from them. Here is what I sent to their customer service dept.

To Whom It may Concern:

I recently attempted to purchase some .22 caliber ammo on you site and was denied the opportunity because you say that ammo purchases are restricted in NJ. This is not the case. Ammo purchases are regulated by the state only to persons that possess a Firearms Purchase ID card. This must be presented at all handgun ammo sales that TAKE PLACE IN NJ. You do not have a physical presence in NJ so this regulation does not apply to you.  I was not even allowed to have the shipment sent to a vacation property I own in Pennsylvania.

.I routinely purchase ammo from competitors such as Cabalas, Midway and Freedom Munitions.  These fine establishments apparently want the 1 million plus NJ firearm owners to spend their hard earned money on their wares.  This is obviously not the case with bullets.com. It appears that you would rather enable NJ politicians to further restrict the 2nd amendment rights of its citizens.

My wife and I belong to several firearms organizations in our state and I promise you that we will encourage all the members at all of the organizations that we are members of to avoid making any purchases of any kind from bullets.com until you change this poorly thought through policy.

They don't care

They dont want to be bothered with any hassles. Ammo sells out in 2 seconds of being posted so it's not like they are hurting for a sale. Thats the nature of living in NJ. But at least when you do find a stand up company you can get it shipped.  In NY they only can dream of such things. Just remember these clowns and when the market gets competative again(if ever) dont buy from them no matter what. I do the same with Bank of America . I got rid of my Mortage and credit cards with them. They are a bunch of blood suckers and money launderers.LOL

Ran into a similar situation with Palmetto State Armory last month, except PSA did not bother to contact me, they just held my order for almost two weeks until I finally called to see what's up.  They asked me to send a copy of my FID since .22 long RIFLE is apparently handgun ammo.  I told PSA to cancel my order.  I refused to send a copy of my FID on principle.  Cabelas does not require it because there is no legal requirement.  So stupid.  I can buy all the 5.56 I want from PSA but no .22lr without a FID.  F that.

I'm a little surprised at the responses in this thread. Why not approach it as a teaching moment and try to help them understand the law correctly? If after it's explained, the vendor still doesn't want to do business with NJ, so be it, flame away.

During my experience with PSA I approached the issue in a calm and logical manner.  Sent them a copy of the statutes regarding ammunition.  They would not budge, did not even acknowledge the logical (and legal) soundness of the argument, every response was canned.  I'll still buy from PSA, just not my favorite vendor anymore.

Ordered .22LR from bullets.com and received an email the next day that the order has been cancelled "due to the laws in your state"

See below.  Lame.

We appreciate receiving your order, however, due to our understanding of the laws in your state, we are unable to ship the BL11113 Ammo 22Lr 40Gr Solid Rn Std+, Box of 50, so we have cancelled your order.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.  We appreciate your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Danielle

Customer Service

Bullets.com

[email protected]

1-800-235-0272

Screw them...they will never get my business.

Ran into a similar situation with Palmetto State Armory last month, except PSA did not bother to contact me, they just held my order for almost two weeks until I finally called to see what's up.  They asked me to send a copy of my FID since .22 long RIFLE is apparently handgun ammo.  I told PSA to cancel my order.  I refused to send a copy of my FID on principle.  Cabelas does not require it because there is no legal requirement.  So stupid.  I can buy all the 5.56 I want from PSA but no .22lr without a FID.  F that.

PSA sucks...I had a similar experience with them. I will never use them.