ogfarmer

NJ2AS 2013 Operation Establish Compliance Updates!

2013 Operation Establish Compliance Updates!

As many of you may already know, NJ2AS' program Operation Establish Compliance (OEC) was created to address the problems in NJ with municipalities that place extra requirements on citizens that apply for a Firearms ID Card or Handgun Purchase Permit. We are pleased to report the following updates for 2013.

11/12/2013

Hightstown: After being contacted by our attorney, Hightstown agrees to remove their illegal additional forms.

Berkeley: Berkeley agrees to remove their additional forms based on objections brought forward by NJ2AS members. Berkeley agrees that they may not permanently delay processing an application if a reference fails to return the reference form and changes the language on their website.

7/13/2013

Ewing: The Ewing Township Attorney notified the NJ2AS Attorney that they will eliminate mandatory appointments and the reference to "waiting periods" on their website.

3/3/2013

Parsippany: Parsippany notifies our attorney that they have removed their illegal additional forms.

2/26/2013

Franklin Township (Hunterdon County): The Franklin Township Attorney confirms with our attorney that they have eliminated the use of their illegal additional forms.

2/20/2013

Eatontown, Branchburg, Clinton, Bridgewater, Mansfield and Hamilton all confirm that they are now in compliance, having eliminated their illegal additional requirements, and/or having clarified confusing language in their instructions and websites.

For more information on OEC, please visit our web site at www.nj2as.com/OEC

Berkeley takes forever to send the reference letters. I waited Two months to get a reference letter to fill out for somebody.

And then they claim they haven't received them back.  When I told my buddy that I kept a copy, where would they like me to email or fax it, amazingly, in an instant, they found the reference letter.

Coincidence?  Perhaps.  Suspicious?  Definitely.