rjd4570

New gun shop in howell, nj

Yeah, i just dropped of my CZ for sight replacement on Monday over there.. Good discussion with the guy, full of common sense, unlike so many others that work at gun shops who provide inaccurate or downright untrue information.  The price for a simple sight replacement is extremely reasonable (assuming that no extra work is involved, but im assuming that it wont be).  They had some ammo when i went in, but not a ton.. I didnt ask the price because i didnt need any..  Prices for a few guns that i saw are a bit high, but i suppose its "LGS pricing".  All in all, looks like the start of a pretty decent place..  they havent been open that long, so they arent exactly full stocked, but they have a bit of everything...

Yeah, i just dropped of my CZ for sight replacement on Monday over there.. Good discussion with the guy, full of common sense, unlike so many others that work at gun shops who provide inaccurate or downright untrue information. The price for a simple sight replacement is extremely reasonable (assuming that no extra work is involved, but im assuming that it wont be). They had some ammo when i went in, but not a ton.. I didnt ask the price because i didnt need any.. Prices for a few guns that i saw are a bit high, but i suppose its "LGS pricing". All in all, looks like the start of a pretty decent place.. they havent been open that long, so they arent exactly full stocked, but they have a bit of everything...

I go there once a week, handgun prices are very fair.

9mm ammo is 18 or 18.50 a box.

Was at Cabelas on Friday. 14.99 for 9mm.

Good to see prices and stock is getting back to somewhat normal (for 9mm).

Not sure if we will ever see 12.99 again.

I called and set up an appointment with the owner about one week ago. It's a long drive for me and owner was a no show. After waiting for about half an hour and leaving messages for the owner, I left. Owner never called back.

Where Tanners or Howell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called and set up an appointment with the owner about one week ago. It's a long drive for me and owner was a no show. After waiting for about half an hour and leaving messages for the owner, I left. Owner never called back.  

I am surprised at that.  From the times I have been there, both owners seem like stand up guys.  

I believe both guys are active duty SWAT officers. They might have been called out and unable to get back to you right then. Doesn't excuse not following up later to explain though.

*edit: I was incorrect, they aren't SWAT officers.

Who did you speak to. Im one of the owners and I spoke to my partner and none of us have made any appointments other then for pick ups when NICS would be closed or down, and all of those were done without issue.  Are you talking about Howell Gun Works, located in the Howell Center Plaza on Route 9 South?  Strange that your first post is a negative one with vague information.

Since we've opened on December 6th 2013 we've had a lot of positive feedback from our customers, and due to their business we've been able to double our inventory of guns, ammo and accessories. We  didnt know about this forum or thread until one of our customers told me about it.  We appreciate the positive responses so far.

As far as not returning phone messages:

WE try to return them as soon as we can.  Be are closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays so If you call and leave a message on one of the those days, it wont get checked until Thursday at the earliest.  Also we got a message from Cablevision, our phone/internet/cable provider with a message that they've upgraded the phone message system sometime last week......well since then our mailbox wont hold more than two messages before it seems to erase them for new ones.....ive been assured by them that they are "working on the issue" which is code for its screwed up and we hope to unscrew it up...

anyway we appreciate everyones business.  We try to provide good service, fair pricing and good knowledge.  Our Hours are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays 11-7 (although we are usually set up and opened by 10:30) and on Saturdays from 11am-6pm (note that NJ Nics closes at 5pm)    The shop number is 848-444-9400 our email is [email protected]  So far no apparent issues that we can tell with sending and receiving emails.

We cant always respond right away to emails, face book messages, but we try to get back as soon as we can.

I believe both guys are active duty SWAT officers. They might have been called out and unable to get back to you right then. Doesn't excuse not following up later to explain though.

Awesome, Im sure all black rifle purchases will be logged into the second book with the owners being LEO. Funny how people will go to great lengths to avoid the govt knowing what firearms they own but go and buy right from a a store owned and run by govt employees who just so happen to be the ones who will be coming to your front door.