Getting into blades, and looking for a good EDC. I will end up building a collection which I have no problem with either. When looking at knives I would honestly like American made blades. When I saw some kershaw at Walmart the other day (never shop there, got oil and knives happened to be all around) I seen on the boxes it said made in China. I thought kershaw was American?

Some are made here.  Others overseas. 

I have a U.S. made Blur.  I carry it all the time.  It fits my needs perfectly.  Sharp, flat, fast.  I like it a bunch.  For an EDC, I would recommend it all day.

C

Most major manufacturers these days have to compete on price for some of their models, so there will be some made in China.  While I'm sad to see it, I guess it is better that some people at least can afford to carry a knife that might otherwise not...  I've owned a few of the Chinese knives (by Spyderco and others) and they are OK, but the US/Japanese/Italian knives I have are obviously far superior.

My Kershaw 1595ALBLK (I believe it's a Speed Bump) and 1820BRN (Needs Work) are both US made.

I keep a couple kershaw a in stock and I haven't seen a bad one yet. The dwo is a great little knife and the 3/4 ton knife is good if u want something more beefy.

Other companies in can vouch for are kabar, sog, buck and boker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the kershaw leek USA, Scallion USA, and Cryo china. All have been good knives. Also picked up CRKT shenanigan which is a Ken Onion design. He designed the Scallions for Kershaw and others. Also a decent knife but not USA made.