ColtPistols

Magazine Extension Tubes

I want to put an extension tube on an 870 Wingmaster. For you experts out there, what brands have the smoothest finish on them? Most of the ones I've seen are so rough they would match the 870 Express versions quite well, but would look rather hideous on a wingmaster.

Thanks

P.S. They have to come in longer lengths as this is a longer barrel and for this particular project I'm not looking for a +1 or +2 extension...more like a +5 or +6, I still have to measure(I think maybe 32" barrel).

I think the best I have seen and used are the Nordic Components. I have also used Choate and the Nordic one are so much better. If you want to go nuts try a Vertex they are very expensive...they may not offer them for an 870 though. Nordic I think you can get a +9

Not sure what you mean by making useless but If you ever shot 3gun or ever seen 3 gun nation every shotgun has an extension tube and I think they use them pretty well. Some of those guys even have up to a 13 shot extension. The extra weigh of a few shells is all that much. My 500 can take up to 8 and it swings fine!

Use a Remington +3 There was a thread about this not to long ago. I can't imagine all that weight at the end of the barrel. Your making the gun useless for any situation. What is the purpose?

I dont know a ton about 3 gun, but i though they use shorter then 32" barrels.. I do recall seeing the very goofy looking extensions they use for extra capacity, but they are running 20" barrels. Or at least the ones i saw, i figured for the 32" barrel it wouldn't be for something like 3 gun or sefl defense, which leaves clays... not sure maybe a bit more from the OP would help... The only tube that's gonna look good and perform on a wingmaster are the factory blued extensions... no one else offers anything of quality that is blued to match the wingmaster finish... a parked tube will look "off" especially a long one against the blued barrel.

I didn't even notice the barrel was 32". The guys shooting 3 gun are usually running Benelli and Versamax and some FN with 26" 24" and 22 inch barrels. I have never even seen an 870 with a 32 inch barrel. I think the longest mag ext is +9 from Nordic I don't know anyone else that has longer one.