Combat Auto

Post Your Used Pistol Targets!

Today at the indoor CJRPC range.  I am guessing around 15yds, the target was pretty close to the back of the berm.  30 rds shooting fast with an FNX Tactical w/ RMR.  230gr Federal ammo.  Pretty happy with it considering the pace I was shooting and the distance.  Recoil for a .45 is super light with this gun.

8rcw.jpgsbvn.jpg

Taken this morning - S&W 629 6" barrel in .44 Mag, 7 yards shot double action on an 8" target.  I keep anticipating the recoil after the first couple of rounds and need to slow down to keep the groups tight.  Trying to get my groups consistent then will work on distance.

post-5531-0-92393000-1392566824_thumb.jpg

Taken this morning - S&W 629 6" barrel in .44 Mag, 7 yards shot double action on an 8" target.  I keep anticipating the recoil after the first couple of rounds and need to slow down to keep the groups tight.  Trying to get my groups consistent then will work on distance.

there is somthing special about the holes a .44 mag puts in a target :-).

I have a 4" 629. I need to get it comped or something if I want to keep shooting it. Otherwise, over time it will shorten my already short shooting career (as glorious as it has been ;-) - see my OP target in 45 acp).

Finally worked up a load for the 1911. Settled on 200 grain LSWC with 5.9 grains of Unique. OAL at 1.25 pushing 865 FPS average over 10 shots. First target is 6 shots at 10 yards and second target is 7 shots at 25 yards using bench as a rest. I'm going to go with these until I run out of powder and forced to change (anyone want to sell some Unique powder?).

post-3162-0-02291500-1392591713_thumb.jpgpost-3162-0-11426300-1392591723_thumb.jpgpost-3162-0-22681100-1392591732_thumb.jpg

10 rounds at 10 yards with my Walther PPQ 9mm. I'm practicing more at 15 yards now but didn't take any pics. I want to start IDPA! I've ordered a holster and ordering a belt. I think I have everything I need after I get those 2 things. I'm not at all far from Old Bridge ...hopefully I can try it there one Friday night. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 rounds at 10 yards with a rented Walther PPQ today at RTSP.

Definitely buying one! :)

That is really nice group. I dry fired one last night and it was the best stock polymer trigger I have felt. Very similar to my G23 with a minus and a little metal polish.

Too bad my next permit is already spoken for (GP100) and with my first child due this Fall, I think my gun buying days are going to be out in hold.

Thank you. If you can squeeze in another purchase, I can't recommend the PPQ enough. It felt so right.

The ergonomics felt better than my M&P and the trigger was great. If I could, it would be my next purchase, but over the past 2 years I purchased 9 pistols, 2 ARs and a new shotgun, and with the baby coming this fall, I will be lucky if I can justify buying ammo for my firearms let alone more guns!

My latest creation: 5 rounds, 45 acp, 25 yards, standing two hand hold, 2" group.

You sure that isn't a typo and you meant 25 feet? I don't think I'm even capable of 2" groups at 25 yards from a rest!

You sure that isn't a typo and you meant 25 feet? I don't think I'm even capable of 2" groups at 25 yards from a rest!

No typo...I would love to take a "selfi" but hard to do when you are shooting :-)...Shore Shot pistol range...If I could do it anyone can, just set goals, be persistant. The gun helps too, that baby has a 5" flange barrel (kinda a bull-barel on steroids) which helps some.

All @ 10 yards, 2.25" SP101 DAO, shooting 158gr .357 magnums at 3" target.

5 rounds

E9Z6unc.jpg

After seeing the flyer above, I loaded 3 per cylinder, 2 empty chambers to check for flinching.

Still happened: this first target I had one completely off the paper(lower right).

Both targets, 9 rounds each.

dCLwtrR.jpg

4OPW2hB.jpg