karlkurtz32

UTS-15 and KSG

I'd really like to buy a UTS-15 but I'm also leary of the stories about it not cycling reliably. I've heard the current 4th-gen versions are more reliable, but I haven't been convinced enough to get one. I'm still waiting to see if they're able to get the issues sorted out, if they haven't already.

The early versions had probs especially if short shucking. I fondled one of the first ones and didn't like the feel. The thing felt course when shucking, etc. Now they have the latest at Otto's and I tried it again. It was smooth as butter. They have been aggressively working out the kinks you might say at UTAS. Got to give them credit for working diligently on it. Of course, I cannot vouch for cycling. But I can see where it may be non-existent.

It's on my short list...

Forget the AA in NJ and why not have both? His concerned is one of the two though. Not what we'd want. :)

I would rather have a Benelli M2 any day of the week or ultimately an AA-12 auto

Go to youtube and watch nutfancy review on UTAS 15..... Its pretty sad that they actually put this shotgun out on the market.  Maybe they got better.  Mine was 1st generation.  I would never buy one after what I went through.  I will stick with my reliable remi 870.

Where were the shells hitting ya? Obviously, wearing proper clothing is a factor, but for toying around, I doubt folks will go out all tactical wear...

...and I do like the auto cycling too.

Center - Alternates, left for left right for right on the selector...

I can safely say that I didn't have any of the issues as in the Mac video. I know one guy who had nothing but problems but kel tec took care of it.

I never got hit by any shells. I like that you have separate tubes. Can carry different ammo types and pick which you want to use

You got that with the utas too... Except you can set it cycle both sides. Unless that's what you meant.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Oh ok..i not that familiar with the utas.

Much better than ksg's manual only round select. I think you'd like it if you fondled one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

i have a uts-15 it has had no problems really unless you short stroke which you can short stroke a ksg as well. the uts can order a barrel extension so it is 26" i do have this but have not been able to try it out yet as i cant make the shotgun shoots there is also a laser flashlight assembly that i have the mounts in the tube that the fore end is on where a normal shotgun woudl store shells it is bright and has the option of laser or flashlight or off and can be controlled with the trigger fingle like an ar saftey the thumb on shooting hand is saftey and trigger fingeris for the light i had one issue with it when i first got it sent it to utas on their dime both ways and they gave me a brand new updated upper 

if any one want to try it out i can go to a range on mondays and thursdays right now i belong to EFGA but can go to other ranges depending on how far of a drive it is