rayroka

Online payment for NJSP SBI Background Check

Submitted my app to the Augusta Barracks this morning for 3 pp2p. Handed over the $18 money order and the Trooper politely informed me that they are no longer accepting them and handed me a paper with instructions on how to pay online. The online payment process was easy breezy. Just a heads up to anyone going to NJSP in Augusta. Not sure if they will accept them in extenuating circumstances. 

Nice to see some streamlining in the process.

Nice to see some streamlining in the process.

Yes, but as I understand it, the cost is $2 more and I have seen no evidence that this actually streamlines (i.e. speeds-up) the process.

Yes, but as I understand it, the cost is $2 more and I have seen no evidence that this actually streamlines (i.e. speeds-up) the process.

That it does! Lost out on the money order fee since they didn't take that. It does notify the barracks directly that the background check fee has been paid according to the Trooper. He alluded to the fact that once he sees that it goes right to next step. Maybe not streamlining but a small reminder to proceed on.

It's all bs and nothing but a loop hole to make money. Years ago, ATM machines were emplaced to expedite customer services, cut down wait time, cut back employee intervention which all put together, was suppose to save everybody money. The consumer and the bank. Then all of a sudden, bank fees, surcharges, convenience fees cropped up. It's bogus bullsh-t and no more than an excuse.

Just like with banks, you're cutting out a lot of human intervention. If anything, convenience fees should be applied as a credit to the end user as a reward to not have to stand and face the arsewipes at these institutions.

Think about it... It's all about the money. Look what the jackwagon politicians want to do. They figure they can't get our guns, let's apply ridiculous taxes in the name of funding grants and stuff to help study and prevent crime. Again, in the end, the good guy tax payer gets screwed.

Blah! Just about every bill I pay, I can pay via the recipients web site with NO fees. Even do online bill pay for free where if the recipients don't take electronic transfers, they'll even mail a paper check. Totally for free!

Then you got scumbag institutions that even if you go direct to their website to pay, they charge you. Harley Davidson Financial is a good example. They want a $6 conv fee. Screw em... They get paid via my bank for free.

And here is the best one yet. We have GM Financial for our leased vehicles. If you are 4 hours late, they send you a paper late notice automatically. I asked them where is their electronic web site pay system. They said it's in the works. That was over 3 years ago and still nothing. So when I called them to rip them a new one because there are times they get my payment the same day and they don't process it, I asked why they still don't have the electronic transfers implemented yet. We are working on as usual. They then turned around and said we can automatically withdraw it each month if I ok it. NOBODY controls my money like that and I told them if they can do that, then they can get their site up and running and to KMA...

You realize how many companies waste more fooking money doing stupid sh-t like that and then institute conv. Fees? Are ya kidding me! Argh!

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I have said this in another thread about the new online application. It's another way for low income citizens to be denied their 2A rights. What if you do not have a CC or bank card, because you live paycheck to paycheck. How are you suppose to apply for FID and/or P2P? 

Sorry but I'm half asleep. We still have to go to the town hall or sp barracks then pay the fee online. I wouldn't mind paying a fee if the whole process was done online and I could print the p2p. I wouldn't have to leave work early twice just to do the hoop jumping because I feel like buying another firearm.

I've been saying... Here in NJ we have to pay fees to exercise our constitutionally protected rights. 

Could you imagine the outrage if people had to pay fees to speak freely, read a book, go to church, or have to pay fees to protect you from illegal searches? 

If you think this will speed up things, HA!

I've been waiting since early October.

Yes, I did the online process.

Yes, my references returned their forms promptly.

All I'm waiting on is a phonecall from the Augusta barracks. 

In 2012 it took 2 months and this was even with hurricane Sandy. This year I hear they're taking 6 months. Shall not be infringed my ass!

Yeah I hear you. Keep me in the loop. I'd be interested in seeing how long it takes for you. Last year I submitted in Jan and it came back in April. Trooper sad expect the same result. 

If you think this will speed up things, HA!

I've been waiting since early October.

Yes, I did the online process.

Yes, my references returned their forms promptly.

All I'm waiting on is a phonecall from the Augusta barracks. 

In 2012 it took 2 months and this was even with hurricane Sandy. This year I hear they're taking 6 months. Shall not be infringed my ass!

I just did this yesterday in Long Branch, records guy told me that they usually get a response back same or next day, then they do thier end.  I'm not expecting a lot, being New Years Eve, but my last permits came in after about 2 weeks.   The biggest kicker is that now, everytime you submit a P2P, you have to do the online B/G check, and its another $18.  Guess

I'm back to 3 at a time.

I have said this in another thread about the new online application. It's another way for low income citizens to be denied their 2A rights. What if you do not have a CC or bank card, because you live paycheck to paycheck. How are you suppose to apply for FID and/or P2P?

Go to local convenience store, get pre-paid visa or whatever. Easy peasy.