Sign in to follow this  
ogfarmer

NJ Saiga 12 mods

Post your NJ Legal Saiga 12 mods

I recently got one and have added the Poly-choke II. I also ordered the reliability kit from CSS but haven't installed it yet till I shoot it and see how it cycles stock first. I looked at the ports and they seem clear from what I can tell.

I have seen plenty of mods from Non-NJ guys here and on Saiga12 forum and makes me curious of other people mods here in PRNJ.

I initially had trouble with bird shot loads. Took it apart, checked all the holes, they were clear. Ran 100 rounds of buckshot through it, cleaned her out, and has been basically fine since then. Does not run 100% flawless, and a lot of that is due to holding it by the mag and the stock and not putting it firmly into my shoulder, like "limp wristing" a semi auto handgun.

I did put a muzzle brake on it, stops the muzzle rise almost completely.

I plan on doing a mag well to make relaods easier/faster. I use the gun for Knockdown Steel and find it a pain in the ass to hold the bolt open with my trigger finger so I can pop the next mag in. I do have issues with the bolt closing 100% at that point, more me than the gun, but still, it should not do that. May work on the bolt and polishing some stuff, but this gun has at least 1000 rounds through it so far.

I also have a bolt-on bolt handle piece, that helped!

Will do an extended mag release also.

I had a spare bracket from my AK-variant stuff so I through a red dot on it also, simply because it was sitting there.

Here is a pick of my Saiga-12 stock when I bought it .... from top to bottom (and order of seniority) my Mossberg 930 SPX, my Remington 870 Tactical / Magpul / Police, and my Saiga 12.

sblackticalboomsticks.jpg

Modifications of the S-12 include 17+ magazines lol, SGM Tactical quad-rail forend, Magpul RVG foregrip, Viridian X5L-RS green laser/light, LimbSaver slip-on recoil pad, and hopefully soon when we move to FL I will get a full conversion done.

I am still looking for my S-12 updated pics, will post when I find them on here.

What mag mod are you planning to avoid manually holding the bolt open

There are a few magwells available which let you slap the mag straight up into the gun instead of the rock and lock we have to deal with now.

I am hoping that with the aluminum mag well I will be able to insert and lock the mag into the gun with a closed bolt.

There are a few magwells available which let you slap the mag straight up into the gun instead of the rock and lock we have to deal with now.

I am hoping that with the aluminum mag well I will be able to insert and lock the mag into the gun with a closed bolt.

interested in this mod as well

I have also got the mags from keepshooting.com (14.99) and they fit just like factory, I just had to take a piece of Emory cloth and rub the little tab a few swipes on it where the release catches. These have excellent reviews

Yeah last Christmas-time I got 10 factory S-12 5 rounders and 7 ProMag 5-rounders.  I had to get a file set (only a few bucks at Harbor Freight so no trouble really, worth it in this case) and all the ProMag magazines needing some filing , 6 of the 10 factory magazines also needing filing.  The good thing is they all fit amazingly and working perfectly now so it was well worth it to me.

hey bro I am VERY INTERESTED in that stock and to a certain extent forearm.. I have already invested in a SGM Quad Rail and Magpul RVG foregrip, Viridian X5L-RS etc. but might think about the wood as an extra, ... BUT That wood stock, very interested in it... where did you get it?!

Thanks I am familiar with Ironwood I didn't realize they made the wooden Saiga 12 stocks.

I do know they are huge money though, that changes my ideas because I am not sure I have $300 for a wood stock I will hopefully only use for lik 1/2 a year, we are trying to move to FL and I have plans on having a professional conversion then.

If you like railed forearms, check out Chaos USA. For Magwells try JT Engineering. You modify stick mags to fit the well.

If you are referring to me and offering the recommendation for me, I thank you kindly but just to point out- I have an SGM Quad Rail forend.  Love it .  Was reasonably priced, very very good at what it is and what it does, and while it's not a "rock solid Ultimak" it is 25% the price and does what I need it to do.

I still need to take pics and post here.