Sign in to follow this  
bcarlos

AR 15 or ARAK 21 Project

So I've spent alot of time the last few days debating between finishing my daniel defense AR 15 or selling my Daniel Defense complete upper for an ARAK 21 upper. What I hope to gain from this thread is past experiences or additional info to help me make my final decision.

What I like about the AR is the endless parts, its a proven system with decades of evidence, and I know the weapon system like the back of my hand. Plus ARs are hot sellers if I was ever in dire need to sell it I could do it with ease.

What I like about the ARAK is in my opinion its multiple weapon systems in one. You can get it with a 5.56 barrel and a 300 black out barrel. Plus the barrels are interchangable by hand no tools needed. I like the gas piston system for maintenance reasons and I was planning on buying/building a gas piston AR when my DI rifle is complete.  

Just as some background info this will be a multi purpose rifle. I'm not a competition shooter. I don't care about brand names. I buy practical functioning equipment if it is brand name awesome if its not I own it because it fits my operational needs.

If you are unfamiliar with the ARAK 21 I took the liberty of linking a video below to give a brief introduction on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOw0d8Ud95U

Thanks again to all informative answers and Merry Christmas.