carl_g

$179???

I was looking at this also. I found some info that a guy wrote about it. He paid 250 and he was happy!

I just received one today...

Overall look, feel no issues.

the rubber cap on the bolt handle is a little weird, wonder how long it will last?

On assembly, I found the barrel on my example would not fully seat.icon_smile_sad.gif The fore end would not seat in its channel on the front of the receiver.

I traced it to the fitment of the 'tang' on the rear of the barrel being a bit oversize.
it would only enter in the receiver cut about 3mm... inside the receiver cut there was a small raised burr inside the milled slot from the tang.

Used a curved die mold riffler file to smooth out the burr, and gave the tang a few file strokes on each side, and deburred it.
This got me to half-way, so i know it was in the right direction.

Few more file strokes, and viola! icon_smile_big.gif fully seated barrel.
Cleaned it up a bit, cold blued the tang and put it back together.

I loaded some dove loads 2-3/4 for initial trial.

took a second to figure out 'sequence' to get shells chambered....icon_smile_blush.gif
sort of a weird sequence with the shell release, etc.. (any better instructions on this ?????)

I attempted to fire the first ones just off hand, not shouldering the gun.
it would not cycle these loads semi-auto.

I found some old pheasant loads ... high brass, they would work...

went back to dove loads and shouldered the gun... the gun would cycle then ... that inertia thing icon_smile_wink.gif

i think once some cycles are on the gun, it will feed anything....

any 'tips' for installing a sling swivel stud in the butt stock.... i believe the magazine cap can be drilled-tapped for a stud...

any 'tips' for lubing this thing? should the gas cylinder be lubed, OD of mag tube??

for the money (I) paid... (249 + 15 +23) methinks o-k... just did not expect to have to 'gunsmith' it from the get-go icon_smile_sleepy.gif

Don't go cheap on a semi. Save your impulse buys for the used rack at Cabelas.

I'm not saying you've gotta spend H&H money to get a quality SG, but just... don't do it.

i agree... Semi-Auto Shotguns can be finicky SOB's, I'd at least wait for some reviews before dropping 200 bucks.. If it's a good semi auto, there is no reason for it to be that cheap.. it could be 400 bucks and it would still be cheap.

I should have bought it. A bunch of guys on arfcom got these and they are suspiciously similar to the CZ 712/720 series. They are both made in Turkey..possibly even in the same factory.

If the reviews come back positive from those guys and it is offered again at this price I'll grab one.

Stay away from ATI, Far away. Buy a used 870 or 590. Never have a problem. Why should I get out the file to get a 12 GA. to work?