ogfarmer

NJ2AS CARRY LICENSE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROJECT (CLASP)

I don't mean to be a nooj, but not only are there at least a half a dozen typos on that page but the login page, (at least from my iphone) is white text on a white background.

Seriously, great idea - but jeez already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After denial. we have to check that we have been denied for every permit app. will this affect our ability to get more permits after being denied?

certainly seems like a valid concern....and in nj...any excuse for "the man" to delay/deny is not out of the question to me

I'm in!  What can we do to publicize this as much as possible?

And should we get together on what we are going to write as our justifiable need?

Following Quote from Frank on FB

Frank Jack Fiamingo Two key points that I will reiterate. You get no points for registering. It only matters if you actually submit a completed application. Right now, this "event" will merely indicate your SINCERE intention. So once again, if you are not 100% CERTAIN that you intend to submit your completed application, please do not bother to register. You will merely mislead your fellow NJ2AS members. Second, at this point there is no plan to provide any legal information or representation whatsoever. We are not lawyers and with the resources we currently have, we cannot afford to spend them on an attorney. Perhaps as this project grows from an initial idea into a participatory reality, we can revisit that consideration.

So, you may decide for yourself how you wish to answer the "need" question. My life and loved ones are my need. Perhaps I will simply say that I do not have to demonstrate a NEED to exercise a Constitutionally protected right. I have not decided yet.

Frank Jack Fiamingo The NJ2AS will keep track of who registers. It is up to the individual to follow through. I am making the assumption that people will do what they say they will do. At this time, you MUST be a member to Register. I do not plan to alter that. Frankly, if at this point you are a member of the Facebook Group and still not a paid card carrying member, perhaps this is the time to change your status. It takes NUMBERS to change anything substantially in NJ. $35 is a small price to pay. Who doesn't shoot more than that downrange in a single session?

We last more than an hour.

I do not have an application in hand at this moment -- I will rectify that shortly --  Is there a requirement, on the application, for some sort of certificate from a class of some sort?

If we do need a certification, where and when does this happen?

I think I'm in -- It's time for something other than voting out the asshats -- we know that doesn't work

I think I'm ready, for the possibility of never getting another pistol permit in this state due to having been denied the permit to CCW -- I'm already denied that right

I see NJjoniguy posted as I was typing...

I may have an issue with question 17 -- I may have a disorderly persons conviction but I'm not really sure --  

Got thrown out of a prom, drunk when I was 18 -- I believe Franklin PD charged me with disorderly -- that was over 26 years ago

I do not see any requirement for a certification on that application -- maybe I missed it

I have no issue doing this.

My only concern is that I'm not "throwing it all away"

I frankly don't need any more pistols...beside what I already have, I'm going to inherit more than most people will ever see...

but still..I want this to mean something. 

For those afraid of "losing it all" because you have to check the box on the PPP application in the future,

your explanation (if you DO get refused) is that you were refused for "Lack of Justifiable Need" which is NOT a disqualifier for a PPP.

So no worries there.

And for those of you with youthful indiscretions, you should look into having them expunged prior to making application.

So we DO need certain qualifications/certificates in order to ccw??

Yes

Before your local Chief signs your card and hands it to you, you must qualify on the range (and in the classroom) just like his officers have to.

eta: This is a helpful read

http://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/agguide/useofforce2001.pdf

Yes

Before your local Chief signs your card and hands it to you, you must qualify on the range (and in the classroom) just like his officers have to.

eta: This is a helpful read

http://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/agguide/useofforce2001.pdf

Ok so we can worry about that AFTER getting approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to discourage anyone from participating and at the risk of sounding skeptical unless there is a clear cut strategy in play here (that is not being revealed) I don’t see how ultimately ending up with a denial will be a useful outcome. In my view the state is big on past practices and precedents so unless the law and/or existing ccw policy has changed I’m on the sidelines for this one unless new information comes to light.

Molon Labe!

From my cold dead hands!

What? I might have to explain a denial next time I ask for permission from our benevolent rulers to buy a gun?

No thanks.

It cracks me up. Everyone stands around and rattles their sabers. Everyone will fight to the death over mag capacity limits. But filling out a form is too much.

Get involved. If I wasn't moving in 2 weeks I would be all over this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don’t want to discourage anyone from participating and at the risk of sounding skeptical unless there is a clear cut strategy in play here (that is not being revealed) I don’t see how ultimately ending up with a denial will be a useful outcome. In my view the state is big on past practices and precedents so unless the law and/or existing ccw policy has changed I’m on the sidelines for this one unless new information comes to light.

The amounts of denials that will ensue will be grounds to sue the state proving we are essentially a "NO ISSUE" state rather then a "MAY ISSUE" state that we claim to be....  

The amounts of denials that will ensue will be grounds to sue the state proving we are essentially a "NO ISSUE" state rather then a "MAY ISSUE" state that we claim to be....  

Registered and have my request ready to go in the first week of January.

How and at what point do we (NJ2AS) tally the denials to keep the state honest?

Registered and have my request ready to go in the first week of January.

maybe they will contact those who registered at a specified date? or rely people who registered to report their results

If that’s the case all maybe NJ2AS should start with and OPRA request to see how many denials have already taken place if they are (pardon the pun) looking for ammo. Currently you have more replies to this thread than 16 folks at this time who have made the commitment to the process. I haven’t ruled it out…

I think an OPRA request may do it