ogfarmer

NJ2AS CARRY LICENSE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROJECT (CLASP)

There are a lot of states w/ better ccw and yet worse overall gun laws than NJ.

All states have better CCW than jersey, I can think of only two that have worse overall gun laws if you don't consider CCW. Which I always consider, speaking for myself.

I think only NJ, Hawaii & MD are may issue in law but no issue in practice. Even dumb states like CA, MA & NY have friendly counties that issue. Western MA, Upstate NY and counties in CA outside the three big metro areas all issue carry permits. Even IL allows unloaded carry in a fanny pack and they will join free America in 2014. Christi can relax the need, maybe, although the executive branch has no say over the judicial and they are the issuing athority. I'd rather a court decision forcing our dear leaders to change the law. Anything else would be at the whim of who's in power and I trust none of them.

There are a lot of states w/ better ccw and yet worse overall gun laws than NJ.

really?....it just seems hard to believe our laws are pretty ridiculous...and no ccw...short of dc and il and cal i thought everyone else had it better than us...hell even md could have 30 rnd mags (just couldnt buy or sell in md) and all the evil features before sb281

Kali, MA, NY, CT have ccw, worse than nj on other stuff (10 rounds, for instance)

I can own a machinegun in CT, and I can have a thousand 30 round mags there, too. Silencers, sawed-off shotguns, SBR, the whole ball of wax.

MA - All pre-ban mags OK.

Cali and NY are worse, CT is not, MA is slightly better than jersey. But when you include CCW, none are worse than Jersey. That counts for quite a bit.

Any thoughts on how we can get the word out on this?  Thirty-four pledges in NJ2AS (including mine) is a great start, but we are going to need hundreds, if not thousand of applications if we are going to move the needle.  I wonder if even everyone on this website has seen this, buried down here below all the sponsors and vendors.

The typical NJ2AS method seems to be flyers at gun shows (not really helpful for a NJ cause) and gun shops.

If we could only get a few hundred people at the rally last year, I doubt we'll get more than that filing for a CCW when the legal repercussions of denial are feared.

Any thoughts on how we can get the word out on this? Thirty-four pledges in NJ2AS (including mine) is a great start, but we are going to need hundreds, if not thousand of applications if we are going to move the needle. I wonder if even everyone on this website has seen this, buried down here below all the sponsors and vendors.

This is what OGG and I were discussing at Thatcher McGee's Saturday night. We need to come up with ways of pushing people to do this. Of all my friends that own handguns they're all LEOs except about 2-3 guys. I'm sure all of my "hunting" buddies have FIDs for their shotguns but they don't own handguns. I'm still gonna push them a little and see if I can't get some to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One idea to get the word out might be to post on some of the range's Facebook pages. RTSP has 5000 likes and like minded people visit the site frequently.

Another place to spread the word might be in NJ.com comment section of appropriate stories. Lots of folks commenting on a few of the tragedies in the state have commented on their lack of being able to exercise their 2A rights.

A third option might be if we could get ammoland or a sympathetic news media (Fox????) to give the drive some publicity.

Heck - you'd think the NJ-chapter of the NRA might spread the word.

Just some thoughts ....

While I 100% support the idea behind CLASP the project has no timeline, no goals as to the number of participants, no means to verify how many have actually applied, no stated end game and a disclaimer that your completely on your own. Hardly a way to motivate people. IMHO there should be a pre-determined date for a mass application. Set a participant goal and alert the politicians, media etc. that this is happening. Who cares about delays in processing? This is about denials, period. I know this is a grassroots effort but NJ2AS does have membership dues so I was hoping this would be a little more organized.

By the way does anyone know if Frank Fiamingo has summited his application yet?

While I 100% support the idea behind CLASP the project has no timeline, no goals as to the number of participants, no means to verify how many have actually applied, no stated end game and a disclaimer that your completely on your own. Hardly a way to motivate people. IMHO there should be a pre-determined date for a mass application. Set a participant goal and alert the politicians, media etc. that this is happening. Who cares about delays in processing? This is about denials, period. I know this is a grassroots effort but NJ2AS does have membership dues so I was hoping this would be a little more organized.

By the way does anyone know if Frank Fiamingo has summited his application yet?

I wonder... if I apply, how do I verify that I've done so?  Do I have to wait until I'm rejected and get a letter stating so to prove my participation?  Because that can be months from now...

Right. No one knows. My point is how do you present concrete VERIFIABLE data if you have not planned on a means to acquire it? Maybe they have and they're keeping it a secret. Are they just going to ask people to apply and then sue? They better have their ducks in a row and a good plan if these well meaning people go through the trouble to apply. I expect ALL of the Nj2AS leadership to apply and share their experience with the members.

Right. No one knows. My point is how do you present concrete VERIFIABLE data if you have not planned on a means to acquire it? Maybe they have and they're keeping it a secret. Are they just going to ask people to apply and then sue? They better have their ducks in a row and a good plan if these well meaning people go through the trouble to apply. I expect ALL of the Nj2AS leadership to apply and share their experience with the members.

My big question to you is: what do you have to lose by trying?

Let's say you apply, then get rejected.  It's not like you've become a prohibited person and cannot buy a gun.  At the very most, you just put in "Rejected for License to Carry due to lack of justifiable need" on line 27 of the application for an FPID/PPP.  There is no reason to reject you for that.

I get that. My issue is if your going to ask people to do this make it count for something otherwise what's the point? You already know your going to get denied. You don't have to actually apply to know that. Aren't you curious if the nj2as leadership have applied yet? What about Frank? But hey if you want to apply so you can get your denial go for it!

Can I get the paperwork on the NJSP site? 

Also, I don't believe anyone clarified, will a class such as NRA First Steps Pistol suffice for the firearms training?  Or NJ hunting license(includes live fire). 

Any thoughts on how we can get the word out on this?  Thirty-four pledges in NJ2AS (including mine) is a great start, but we are going to need hundreds, if not thousand of applications if we are going to move the needle.

Or one good one.

Some judge could issue or cause a Constitutional Crisis. Or an Andrew Napalitano type judge or CLEO might get so pissed off he raises a public stink. Somebody could find legal standing for a court case due to discrimination or Equal Protection. This is why we should document everything and even record if legal and discrete. Get a notebook and log all phone discussions and face to face discussions. Even at the range. Immediately after, you would be surprised how quickly you forget details. Who knows, Nappen might decide he needs some bedtime reading for a few weeks and request copies, looking to see if he can find something actionable. Maybe we find out the process is not even being completed per the law. For instance, LEO not approving for submital to the courts. Maybe somebody doesn't reject in 45 days (?) and we go straight to court to get the permit issued per the law - hopefully they deny it too, then it REALLY gets rolling on due process of Civil Rights. Maybe some people let it slip how the connected get their permits - equal protection.

Worst case you get 34 out of 34 denied and next time they say they have a 99% approval rate have everybody show up. 34 may be a small percentage of the total, but when you have one group of 34 people and all are denied as an experiment I think that sample is large enough to prove the chances are zero for the unconnected.

Take that story to Fox News and ask them to use a giant picture of Christie's face as a backdrop for the segment.

I get that. My issue is if your going to ask people to do this make it count for something otherwise what's the point? You already know your going to get denied. You don't have to actually apply to know that. Aren't you curious if the nj2as leadership have applied yet? What about Frank? But hey if you want to apply so you can get your denial go for it!

Do we now? 

Here's the deal, if we don't apply and don't get rejected, then we're doing the State a favor.  If we do apply and get rejected, we reduce the State's success rate which is better for us in the courts.

My question back to you again is: what do you have to lose by trying?

I'm sure Frank and others have applied, mine is good to go and I'll put it in when I have a chance.

Just have to get mine notarized.

I'll be using my First Steps certificate. We'll see what they say.

My Town will not accept training certs.  Need a letter from a Certified Firearms Instructor, which I will get next week as long as I pass this qualification:

http://gunforhire.com/classes/security-officer-and-retired-police-qualifications/

Call me St Thomas the Doubter if you will but until I see photographic evidence of forms being turned in, I don't believe it.

Okay St. Thomas... but I'm not quite sure I understand your position...?  Also, isn't photo evidence going to be a revelation of people's personal info?  I mean, what level of evidence do you require?