So I am getting into the knife world and got my first one for christmas. I went with a kershaw and I am pretty happy. I gave a lot of models on what I liked and I recieved the kershaw brawler which I did fall in love with first time I seen it. So I recieved that and I LOVE it! Now I can't wait to get more types! Here's some pics I took.

image_zps950100f8.jpg

image_zpsbcba7b4a.jpg

image_zps24ad82b9.jpg

image_zpsa94d5e30.jpg

First thing the knife got to cut was also my knuckle! Dumb me was rushing opening other gifts and pointing wrong way and SLAM on my knuckle lol.

i was thinking about getting a kershaw as well..  anyone have any thoughts on this one? (cryo folding "tactical" knife)..  im not really getting "into" the knife world like the OP, but i wanted something that was a decent everyday carry/pocket knife..

726297.jpg

I was looking at the cryo as well, probably get that next.

Handled one recently. Not bad at all for the price.

i was thinking about getting a kershaw as well..  anyone have any thoughts on this one? (cryo folding "tactical" knife)..  im not really getting "into" the knife world like the OP, but i wanted something that was a decent everyday carry/pocket knife..

Like the look, a lot

Got to handle one at L&H on 35, found it to be uncomfortable in my med. sized hands, don't know why, I have a CRKT KISS in my pocket everyday that I'm fine with

There is a larger Cryo 2 , hoping that feels better in my hand ( just my opinion ; never order a knife before handling it )

I have the Cryo and I love it. It has become my regular carry. I also have the scallion and leek by kershaw. Price on the Cryo was good, knife is sharp as anything and fits very nicely clipped in the pocket. With the flat design i always forget it's there, but the clip is very tight and holds well to both jeans and smoother pants like khaki and suit paints.

I bought the CRKT shenanigan, also a good knife. A lot bigger than the Cryo both length and width of the handle, I definitely notice this knife when I carry it around.

If your looking for a good smaller starter knife, can't go wrong with the scallion by kershaw. Nice blade, not to big, has the speed safe design and fits well in pocket and hand. I actually bought my wife the purple one also.

Any of you guys thinking about buying a quality EDC knife and you want to support American based businesses should lookup usamadeblade.com. The guy gives knives away every Thursday on Facebook. I'm the recipient of a ZT300 ...love it too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with those Kershaws.. I'm on my third. My first was a rainbow leek. Lasted me two years IIRC before I lost it. Second was a G10/S30v leek, that lasted one year. Now I'm on a S30v blur. The leeks fell out of my pocket.

I still love leeks though. For $30 for a base model on ebay, it can't be beat. I don't think there is a cheaper American made knife.

so i went ahead and ordered the Kershaw Cryo II 1556Ti....  will hopefully like it..  yeah, i didnt play with it before ordering..  was free to me (GC from Amazon) so what's the harm..

1556ti_cryo2_white.jpg

Its like the one I just picked up, but I got the BLK version which is just all black. I love it, carry it every single day pretty much everywhere I go.