I'm interest in taking the NRA first steps class (pistol). I know Bangers offers it down the street from me but I wasn't sure if any members who are certified instructions would like to run me through the course. Just PM me Price/Location and I'll see if we can make something work. Just figured I'd give a forum member a shot at making some money before going and scheduling at LGS. I need this for FL conceal carry and I'm strongly considering applying for NJ as a part of the NJ2AS CLASP program.

Just spoke to Kharis Sepulvida and he said he can host a NRA First Steps class for the forum members @ shooters at the end of Feb or early March. Cost is $160. Class length is 3-4hrs. depending on attendance.

If you guys want me to set this up please post here what dates work best and a secondary date that will work for you and i will get a confirmed date for the forum members who want to take this class.

Course Description
The NRA FIRST Steps (Firearm Instruction, Responsibility, and Safety Training) Pistol program is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation of one specific firearm model. This course provides an introduction to firearms safety, handling, and shooting skills. It is an ideal program for new pistol owners. This course satisfies the requirements to obtain a concealed carrying permit in various states. (Please check your local laws and regulations for information pertaining to the application process.) Textbook and course material are provided. It is recommended that the student bring their own handgun with at least 50 rounds of factory loaded ammunition. If, for an extra fee, a handgun and ammunition needs to be provided, please provide advanced notification.

Hi everyone.

FYI NRA FIRST Steps requires that students bring their own firearms and ammunition. The class is taught to one action type only (eg, semi auto, or da revolver).

If people want to shoot a range of firearms provided by the instructor, then the better course is NRA Basic Pistol, which covers multiple handgun action types (eg DA & SA revolver, striker and hammer fired semi-autos); these, and appropriate ammo must be provided by the instructor.

I run this class and so do others. It is definitely worthwhile to consider it. The certificate is valid for the FL VA AZ and CT permits. The class takes a whole day with me, longer with some.

You can see details of the course here:

http://www.scotshot.com/basicpistol.html

Readers should note that only the UT permit (which requires a different training) will allow NJ residents to carry in PA

Best

G