Sign in to follow this  
JackDaWack

Stopped By NJDEP today

Welp, ringing in the new year! Get those licenses renewed! Went to about 3 places yesterday in a procrastinated last ditch effort. Dicks closed early, and Walmarts machine wasn't working, had to drive to another Walmart at 10pm last night and damn am i glad i did. As we were pulling the boat up to the ramp today we were greeted by 2 very nice conservation officers. I have to give it up to these guys, knowing we had firearms they conducted themselves with respect. It was good day and i got a fresh black duck that needs seasoning.

The majority of the people they approach are armed (except fisherman) Just not armed and dangerous. I've never had an issue with em. Im friends with one of the south jersey gw's and I always run into him when I'm striper fishing. He's "under cover". But if you ask me he's getting paid to fish. Possibly the best job there is.

I never knew that the Conservation Officers worked for the DEP? Always thought Fish & Wildlife was their own state entity separate from the DEP.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Fish & Wildlife is part of the DEP. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/lawhome.htm

Their page: http://www.njcoa.com/highlights/highlights.html