Sign in to follow this  
MidwestPX

15/30 Magpul AK PMAG - Now Available

Haha, hopefully they do not disappoint. Thus far, all feedback has been positive and there are more than a few out there now.

only "issue " if you can even call it that is that they have a little mag wobble (at least on my saiga).  nothing that makes it not function just nitpicky observation.

ill be ordering another once i get paid this week, if that says anything about them and midwestPX :D

only "issue " if you can even call it that is that they have a little mag wobble (at least on my saiga).  nothing that makes it not function just nitpicky observation.

ill be ordering another once i get paid this week, if that says anything about them and midwestPX :D

I wouldn't blame that issue on the mag. I'm no AK/Saiga expert but I've read that the mag wobble is a very common issue with this platform. Especially on the Saigas since you have trim the mag catch in order to allow AK mags to fit. If the mag catch is trimmed too much, you'll have a gap where the tab of the mag sits against the catch.

I wouldn't blame that issue on the mag. I'm no AK/Saiga expert but I've read that the mag wobble is a very common issue with this platform. Especially on the Saigas since you have trim the mag catch in order to allow AK mags to fit. If the mag catch is trimmed too much, you'll have a gap where the tab of the mag sits against the catch.

Well maybe so. But that's the only mag out of the 7 I currently own that has a wobble. (3 tapco 10s, 1 Yugo bho metal 10/30, 2 polish metal 10s, and the 15/30 pmag )

Sorry to bump an old thread, but figured it is the right place...

Any plans to offer the steel reinforced ones that Magpul just announced?

Maybe. The MSRP on the unmodified magazine is pretty high at $26.95 which is nearly double that of the current AK PMAG. Obviously, we would charge more since we have to do work to it which might price it out of the market.