302w

Non-blade EDC items

What do you guys carry everyday other than knives, flashlights, keys, and possibly guns? Currently I carry a bottle opener S-Biner, an eGear Pico flashlight (largely replaced by my Galaxy S3's flashlight), and a Gerber Shard which was given to me. I'd like to pick up a Swiss Tech Utilikey because I broke mine, a Tritium keyfob(I love tritium), and I would like to blacksmith a prybar like the Shard. I also picked up an S30v Kershaw Blur but that goes in my pocket.

What I carry:

opplanet-nite-ize-s-biner-ahhh-bottle-op

egearPICO_flashlight.jpg

img-gerber-shard-03.jpg

What I want:

UKXT.jpg

As for the Tritium keyfob, I'm not sure yet. Tritium is cool stuff though. I wish I could put night sights on my S&W M64 just because.

Not my pics obviously.

My phone (Galaxy Note 2), my ecig (Innokin VTR), at least 1 spare 18650 and 1 spare 18350 battery, Jetbeam RRT01, fisher bullet space pen and a CRKT keychain knife sharpener/strap cutter on the s-biner holding my keys together.

If need more junk for a longer day... in my Hazard4 Kato (my awesome xmas gift from my GF) I carry extra 18650 and 18350 (and some primaries) batteries, spare tanks and juices for my ecig, a Rite-In-The-Rain notebook, Sharpie, another pen, at least 1 Bic lighter, mechanix gloves, a spare beanie, my Oakley half jackets, small IFAK, 2 pair nitrile gloves, sometimes my Leatherman MUTT (IMHO the best leatherman they've made yet. The updated Wave is a close second.), and sometimes my Olight M22 (and more spare batteries). I can also carry my D90, a spare lens, SB900, and spare batteries, if I ditch the MUTT and M22. (My Bark River PSK rides in a sneaky side pocket on the Kato too.)

That's just the non-bladed stuff. (Bladed stuff: KOTD (knife of the day) clipped to my pocket, and in my wallet (a bladeart mission wallet) I always have my Atwood MSoPT and  a micro SOG Micron.)

Damn... I realized that I carry a lot of crap. :D

I typically carry:

Parker stainless steel pen with Fisher space pen refill, typically front left pocket

Olight M10 Maverick LED flashlight, front left pocket

Knife of the day (currently knives of the day, a Spyderco Spyker and a Spyderco Rescue 93), one always right front pocket, and occasionally an additional knife on front left or rear right pocket

Leatherman Wave (1st gen), on belt at 5 o'clock

Cell phone on belt at 3 o'clock

Wallet, front right pocket

Keys, front left pocket

small microfiber lens cloth (necessary evil since I wear glasses), rear right pocket

5.11 casual pistol belt with handcuff key in 'secret' pocket

While at home, a Serpa with a Glock23, SigPro2022, P226, or 1911 at 4 o'clock; plus a spare mag at 9 o'clock

How do you carry your spare batteries?  I'd like to carry a spare or two, since I use protected RCR123s normally, and once they reach the cutoff voltage, they won't come back on until recharged.  I carry spare Surefires in the car, and at home I don't care, but it would be nice to have a spare on me...  I've also considered going to/adding a single AAA powered light, but I haven't seen any over about 70 lumens, and I'd miss my 350 high setting. 

T.h.e. Wallet i

IPhone 4S

Innokin itaste mvp

Crkt m16 tanto with veff serations

Foursevens flashlight with around a 600 lumen output

Spare juice for my vape

Sog multitool if the need calls

Occasionally my ontario blackbird if I need a big knife

When I'm in free America and my permit returns I'll carry my 686+ in a white hat iwb holster or a galco wheelgunner if I have the proper cover garment

Proper get home bag in the trunk with clothes and supplies if needed

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

How do you carry your spare batteries?  I'd like to carry a spare or two, since I use protected RCR123s normally, and once they reach the cutoff voltage, they won't come back on until recharged.  I carry spare Surefires in the car, and at home I don't care, but it would be nice to have a spare on me...  I've also considered going to/adding a single AAA powered light, but I haven't seen any over about 70 lumens, and I'd miss my 350 high setting. 

CR123s (and 18350s) ride nicely in the little heart pill tubes you see at CVS by the checkout. (Like this one: http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Keychain-Pill-Fob?skuId=698052)

For the larger batteries (like the 18650s, or the Olight's caddy that holds 2 123s/18350s) they generally just go in the pen pocket of my Kato/TAD stealth/mission wallet. (Or if I'm rocking the holster for the Olight... it has 2 slots on it meant for spare batteries.)

Update: I heard somewhere that those orange waterproof match holders that you find at kmart in the "camping" aisle hold a 18650 pretty good. I have yet to give it a go though...