blizzzarddemon

finding ammo for m1 garand

im going to be getting a garand by end of febuary but was reading that i need to use ammo specifically for  for an m1 garand where can i get ammo that is safe to use other then the cmp i  as im not a member and do not have the time at the moment to put into joining with me moving in a few month 

I did a lot of gas plug research but never bought one. If I decide to it would be the garand gear one. For now I'm just buying ammo from the CMP. and yes you need to be a manner of an affiliated club/agency to buy am of rom the CMP. It's easy though. The garand collectors association is cheap and easy to join and that makes you eligible. http://www.thegca.org

Purchasing ammo from the CMP just requires snail mailing in an order form with proof of U.S. citizenship and membership in CMP-affiliated club.  I recommend Garand Collector's Assoc ($25/year) or Glock Shooting Sports Foundation if you want the side benefits there.

No need for the FFL, FPID, or proof of marksmanship required when buying a CMP rifle.

My last order from CMP took one-month turnaround time.  After initial order, you can order directly online from their e-store which is avoids the snail mail.

On a side note, if you need or can or two of Greek HXP, PM me.

Iv shot PPU M1 ammo through my garand many times. Extremely accurate and a good price new manufactured. Greek surplus from the CMP is great stuff. Just do yourself one favor, if you ever come across any Iranian surplus just keep walking.  

Garand Gear Plug makes the gas chamber bigger changing the pressure curve.  Schuster is an adjustable valve.  I prefer an adjustable valve.  Can dial it in just to the sweet spot.  After a while you know just where to tune it to with different ammo.  Takes like 30 seconds once you get used to it.

I put money down while there the guy who said he has 30 garands in his collection had a barrel erosion guage and chamber and both were fine not new but not worn out or shot out he said it still has quite a lot of rounds left for the barrel I should be picking it up Feb 7 if you want to check it out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anyone know where to get a good bayonet for these I don't mind a reproduction as long as it fits and actually has somewhat of an edge ?

You can try Sarco in Easton PA

There's a member here named dave12345 who has some bayos

Another great choice!

I didn't see him listed in a members search

His board name is 1563621. His name is Dave, and he is a great guy to deal with!!

You can try Sarco in Easton PA

Another great choice!

His board name is 1563621. His name is Dave, and he is a great guy to deal with!!

yeh i knew his name was some numbers it used to have dave in it,

He does have some bayos in market place right now, not sure if any are for garand tho