Sign in to follow this  
MosinRob

Saiga conversions

What are you looking to have done? You should be very carful when converting a saiga in NJ. The wrong mods could land you in a lot of trouble.

Wrong mods? like what?

Can you still use AK furniture with the conversions?

Sorry to jack, but the thread got me looking into it and i think i want to give it a go.

There is some odd stuff with compliance with something called 922r compliance. This means that it has to have a certain number of american parts vrs foreign parts. I am no expert but I would check into it. Adding a pistol grip is also questionable in nj. Also no high cap mags or collapsible stocks. I know this is not much help but I hope this helps some what in answering your question. I too have a saiga 223 and I did a couple mods such as a quad rail from Midwest industries and it's an amazing product! I then added a forward grip and bushel red dot. I really enjoy it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There is some odd stuff with compliance with something called 922r compliance. This means that it has to have a certain number of american parts vrs foreign parts. I am no expert but I would check into it. Adding a pistol grip is also questionable in nj. Also no high cap mags or collapsible stocks. I know this is not much help but I hope this helps some what in answering your question. I too have a saiga 223 and I did a couple mods such as a quad rail from Midwest industries and it's an amazing product! I then added a forward grip and bushel red dot. I really enjoy it!

did you by any chance read the link I posted about your post.. 

it explains the whole thing with a fair amount of detail.. 

I was just looking over your posting a few min ago. Thank you for putting together such wonderfully detailed information on this NJ is so hard to know what is compliant.

im definitely no expert.. but lots of useful info if you plan to modify a Saiga.. 

Are there any places or smiths that will convert a saiga?

How far do you want to take the conversion? That would determine the level of difficulty. For a simple pistol grip cconversion you need minimal tools and its relatively painless..

I hope to have one of these by the end of the week. I was only planning on getting a the Krebs AK-15 when ever that releases but with Kalashnikov dead I figured Id buy a 7.62 before the prices sky rocket.

He wasn't building them all himself. There should still be a few to go around. 

That is true. I was just worried maybe the prices would go up, not to mention its almost grab-their-guns season.

I was just having fun with you. :)

The only bad time to buy a Saiga is in the periodic panics. I am slot buying ammo and stacking it deep.