louu

What's better than owning a 1911?

Owning two 1911's!

untitledpngnew_zpsa89710aa.png

I got my first pistol 31 days ago, a Springfield Range Officer and love it. Unfortunately I started to anticipate the shot and flinch the barrel and all that stuff so I figured I better scale it back a bit and get a 22 and learn how to shoot better.

Today I got the Sig 1911 22. It feels almost just like the .45. I didn't have a lot of time to shoot it today (work) but I did get 60 rounds through it. I'm already shooting twice as good as before. I think part of my problem with the .45 is the sights, they are all black target sights and I guess I cant see them very well. The Sig has yellow dots and they show up great.

I read all the reviews about the Sig, some good, some bad, some amazing and so far all I can say is I think I'm really going to like this gun.

Here is my second target at 60 feet.

untitledpngnewtarget_zps1239e9bc.png

Why did I immediately think the answer involved sex?   ;)  Yeah...  2 is better than 1 in this case. 

That was my first thought.

When your ready to make some changes to that 1911-22 take a look at this sight. I have a lot of his parts and they made a difference in the accuracy. I like the mag extensions also.

http://www.cwaccessories.com/

The Sig 1911-22 seems to be hit or miss............ I have one, Steve (Freejersey on here) has one also. We have done some upgrades to them. New mag baseplates which also allows more rounds and don't pop-off on you is a must if you use the gun where you'll be dropping the mags like we do. I have not changed the sights yet, Steve did, and I need to, those yellow dots suck. We don't need to remove the screw on the side anymore to remove the slide for cleaning. Some other stuff too, I forgot, I know Steve will let you know!

Anyway, my favorite (for now) 1911 has to be my Dan Wesson 9mm, she is sweet! I have a Para 14.45 which is a double stack .45 (14 rounds) which is a blast to use with semi wadcutters, very little recoil! Not too bad with stock .45 ammo either. I rarely take my Springfield single stack out of the safe anymore, just keeps the revolvers and the other bottom-feeders company.  :)

That was my first thought.

When your ready to make some changes to that 1911-22 take a look at this sight. I have a lot of his parts and they made a difference in the accuracy. I like the mag extensions also.

http://www.cwaccessories.com/

Thanks bud,

I do have do get some of then mag bottoms, I heard the stock ones break easy and I do want to get started in IDPA and USPSA. 

I found this place and was thinking about getting their kit for $70 that improves accuracy

http://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/

Have someone sneak a dummy round into one of your mags when you're not looking. You will see how much you flinch.

Glocks are stupid.

Yeah, not really a fan of the Glock, triggers are weird.

Thanks man, I'm going to get some dummy rounds pretty soon.

The Sig 1911-22 seems to be hit or miss............ I have one, Steve (Freejersey on here) has one also. We have done some upgrades to them. New mag baseplates which also allows more rounds and don't pop-off on you is a must if you use the gun where you'll be dropping the mags like we do. I have not changed the sights yet, Steve did, and I need to, those yellow dots suck. We don't need to remove the screw on the side anymore to remove the slide for cleaning. Some other stuff too, I forgot, I know Steve will let you know!

Anyway, my favorite (for now) 1911 has to be my Dan Wesson 9mm, she is sweet! I have a Para 14.45 which is a double stack .45 (14 rounds) which is a blast to use with semi wadcutters, very little recoil! Not too bad with stock .45 ammo either. I rarely take my Springfield single stack out of the safe anymore, just keeps the revolvers and the other bottom-feeders company.  :)

Whats this about eliminating the slide screw???

If you go with CW Accessories "performance enhancement system", you no longer need the barrel screw. The new kit comes with a plug to cover the hole. You also need their guide rod and spring for the kit to work. I have all that in mine as well as the base pads. I also added a steel, smith and alexander msh/magwell. The gun feels real nice and the weight is pretty close to a real 1911. Dawson fiber optic front and adjustable rear sights and I'm pretty happy with it. It does not like to be too dirty or too clean though. It runs best after 100 or so rounds have been run through it and then starts acting up again at about 6 - 700 or so. Also replaced the grips, grip screws, and grip screw bushings.

20140124_190122.jpg

20140124_190058.jpg

20140124_190142.jpg

Barms, I have a sweet holster, Ill post a pic tomorrow. 

Steve_G, i didnt get a chance to really look over the CW site too well, with their performance kit do they match the barrel cap with the barrel bushing?

I know the ZRTS they do so its like having a matched barrel.

I want to order on monday but not shure who I want to go with.

Barms, I have a sweet holster, Ill post a pic tomorrow. 

Steve_G, i didnt get a chance to really look over the CW site too well, with their performance kit do they match the barrel cap with the barrel bushing?

I know the ZRTS they do so its like having a matched barrel.

I want to order on monday but not shure who I want to go with.

No they don't. They do offer a stainless barrel cap separately though. Or, you can order the kit in black and it will match the existing barrel cap. Also, the plug for the barrel screw hole is not necessary, you can just leave the hole open.

Thanks Steve.

Check out my holster Barms, the top is removable so I can fast draw from it for competition.

I just have to get a good speed mag pouch thing and Ill be set. Going to look for some at the next Oaks gun show.

The one that came with the Range Officer has the mags facing the wrong way for me.

untitledpnghol_zps8b06dd25.png

Thanks Mag1,

I did a little customizing my self, got the ZRTS upgrade kit, the barrel is nice and snug now like a matched barrel.

Also got three more mags for it at the Oaks show yesterday, 30 bucks a piece, not bad.

untitledpng191122_zps1a836da8.png

untitledpngbushingandplug_zps9fdc0451.pn