ZOMBIE

Precision rifle/ Target

I just wanted to see what everyone was using for their precision rifle. Post a picture of your rifle and target.

My rifle is a GA Precision FBI HRT rifle with a jewel trigger set to 2.5 pounds. I have a US optics scope with a mil dot rectile. The target is shot at 200 yards with black hills match 168 grain. This is my best grouping so far.

post-3630-0-04087300-1390584820_thumb.jpg

post-3630-0-27404100-1390584832_thumb.jpg

post-3630-0-04027600-1390584847_thumb.jpg

6.5 Creedmoor custom build by Dana English. Surgeon RSR action. Tuned Jewel trigger. Manners T4A stock with custom Trucker girl paint by Shortbus. Premier reticles 5-25x w/ Gen 2 XR reticle. Test group at 100 yards.

DPP_0068.jpg

Englishtesttarget.jpg

Bumping this up.  Looking to add to this post soon.  I have a:

Ruger M77 Hawkeye in .308

Sightron SIII fixed 16x w/ MMD reticle

I'm needing to add:

Bag/Bi-Pod, not sure how I want to go with it.

Gonna shoot it, but I may want to bed it.

I think I will have the barrel cut down to make it a touch handier.  We'll see.

I'm waiting on Ruger to send my rings along.  They should be here Monday/Tuesday 10/20-21/14

I have ammo loaded to shoot and get the scope in the ballpark.  I'll let y'all know how she does. 

C

- Complete Novekse 18" SPR upper w/ Nsr 13.5in rail

- PWS FSC556 muzzle brake pinned and welded

- Seekens Precision lower

- Seekins Precision bolt catch, mag release and trigger guard

- Core 15 lpk

- Geiselle SSA-E trigger

- Magpul fixed carbine stock

- Magpul Miad 1.1 grip

- Vortex Viper pst 2.5-10x32 scope

- American Defense MFG. Recon x scope mount

- Harris 6-9 HBRMS bipod

Both groups are 3 shots at 100 yards with Fiocchi 223 REM 77 Gr. Matchking HPBT 

DSC_0038_zpsd3c81eb2.jpg

IMG_20140425_122555_zps3496c19d.jpg

684c913a-540b-463f-8788-9f0879d7ab90_zps

All well and good gents.

Now let's see some real-world shooting with these seriously good looking rifles.

The "Frozen Nutz" (300yd prone) Matches series is about to begin its 2014-15 season this coming Sunday (Nov 16) at South Jersey Shooting Club.

With bipod and scope, you'll be shooting on an MR-63F target

Iron sights and slings gets you an MR-63 target (same size aiming black - approx 18" - one scoring ring looser than the MR-63F)

Sign in starts at 0800

First shot promptly at 0900 (first squad - first relay)

You'll shoot 3 relays, the second and third of 22 shots, counting your highest 20 for score, in 22 minutes.

The first relay will be proceeded by a 5 minute unlimited sighter period, then 20 shots for record in 20 minutes.

I hope to see many of you out there this Sunday

Brian

SOUTH JERSEY SHOOTING CLUB

840 Piney Hollow Rd, Hammonton NJ 08037

300 YARD PRONE MATCHES

2014-2015

Come on out and try your hand at shooting 300 yards prone. I will be holding five (5) 300 yard “Frozen Nutz” Prone Matches this year. The dates are:

NOV 16, DEC 21, JAN 18, FEB 15 and MAR 15.

There will be two separate classes: Scoped and Iron Sights, with a caliber limit of 8mm/.323 The matches will consist of 3 separate stages of 22 rounds in 22 minutes (the first match may have a 5-min sighter period at the match director’s discretion. Please try to have some kind of 300yd zero before the match) slow fire single round feed from the prone position.

Your score will be the best 20 of 22 shots, allowing for 2 sighters per match.

BRING ENOUGH AMMO!

The scoped rifles may be supported by a front rest / bipod or off hand, sling and shooter’s shoulder and will be fired on the MR-63F target.

The iron sight rifles may only be supported by the off hand, sling and shooter’s shoulder and will be fired on the MR-63 target.

Entry fee is $10.00 per shooter. Sign-in starts at 8AM. Shooting starts at 9AM SHARP. The matches will only be cancelled due to heavy snow the day before the match. The match will be shot in all other weather, as we are inside the shooting house.

THIS IS A FUN MATCH ONLY, not NRA or any other org approved.

High scores from 4 of the 5 matches will be used to determine Champion. Any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected]

SHAYNE SIMCOX, HIGH POWER RIFLE MATCH DIRECTOR

Thanks

Latch on to somebody that shoots precision.

Learn to reload for accuracy.

And shoot, shoot, shoot!

This is where your time and money will be best spent.

And don't be an equipment snob.

You can get in for under a couple of grand . if you shop wisely.

See ya sunday at sjsc. Ill be shooting my m1a iron sights.

Great!

As Shayne and I are signing people in (and we expect a crowd, so don't get there late) we will be asking if you have a known distance zero on your rifle.

There will be experienced High Power competitors there to assist you during the 5 minute sighter period to get you ON PAPER at 300yds

Failure to be on paper will make for a very short, disappointing day

(It's a safety issue)

IMG_586197063367023_zpsc4lasxdq.jpeg

My build, built by our shop.

Bat action, krieger barrel chambered in 243. Surefire brake, Manners stock, hdmr glass. Yada Yada yada.

Top group is 3 shots, the bottom two groups are 5 shots. I havent really played with the loads yet. Those are 115 dtac over 42 grains of h4350. Shot from prone with bipod.

2014-08-09%20140251-1428905_zpsaoesoqdu.