mikka1

(GrabAGun) $750 HK P30S V3 9mm DA/SA 15+1 Safety

(From GrabAGun promo emails)

Seems to be a Good price on P30S, all others sell it starting $800+, Buds sells it at $840 or so.

$750 + $6 shipping seems to be very tempting. If only I had permits in hand...

Heckler and Koch P30S V3 9mm DA/SA 15+1 Safety

HK P30 Semi-automatic SA-DA Full 9MM 3.85 Polymer Black 15Rd 2 Mags Fired Case Safety and Ambi Decocker 3 Dot M730903S-A5

http://grabagun.com/catalog/product/view/id/88047

agreed.

Also I have a feeling we'll see some of the bigger box/internet stores discounting the P30 with the supposed pending announcement of new SPF9 from H&K, in fear of having them sit because no one wants the 'old' gun when the 'new' one comes out.

I don't believe the SPF9 is a replacement. Its a different system. GAG is just sitting on a ton of them from what I understand.

Never said it was a replacement. Only said that it's going to be 'new'... and some people treat guns like fashion accessories. also there's the whole 'OMG!!!! STRIKER FIRED!!! HK!!!! MUST BUY!!!!' mentality. So I could see some shops being worried about sitting on P30's when everyone's looking for an SPF9.

For that, buy a ppq

I'm trying to. Just got the call today that my 5" PPQ is on its way after a month of waiting. There will be another PPQ in Hillsborough soon.

If only I had a good, reasonbly nearby place to shoot it...

I'm trying to. Just got the call today that my 5" PPQ is on its way after a month of waiting. There will be another PPQ in Hillsborough soon.

Give it to me. I'll shoot it in Bridgewater for you :)

this will now make 3 ppq in hillsborough

For that, buy a ppq

367337ecd8f43b2c43ea6b6c3ac93464f3aff729

ppq over P30? are you insane?!?!?

don't you know the P30 is made of pure unobtainium and blessed with mur water?

that when you fire it 10,000 angels sing on the head of a pin and it smells like rainbow unicorn farts?

:)

Ones a hammer fired gun and the other a striker fired gun. Two opposites, well at least for me.

Other than the grip being similar and the m1 having a euro mag release I see no other reason to go ppq over Hk. Especially at the price above. That $200 less than normal pricing.

Also the lem / ppq trigger are very different.

I'll have to admit that I was tempted to buy this one from GAG just because of price. I would convert it to lem, have the safety and see how it runs.

Can't bring myself to do it though. Two many wants at the moment for another p30. If it was a 40, that might've swayed me.

If you want a hammered gun that's one thing. I will admit that I've never fired an lem trigger but I can infer from the majority of reports that the ppq trigger is preferred by most shooters, let alone the stock HK. I can't think of a reason to spend more money?

If you're a new shooter, probably not. The m2 having the American mag releases is a negative for me. The mag release on the trigger guard make is so much easier to drop a mag using my trigger finger.

The stock trigger of an Hk is nuts but I generally modify everything anyway so it doesn't affect my choices. The lem trigger is light and I prefer it over my sigs that have DA pulls of 6-7 pounds.

If you're a new shooter, probably not. The m2 having the American mag releases is a negative for me. The mag release on the trigger guard make is so much easier to drop a mag using my trigger finger.

The stock trigger of an Hk is nuts but I generally modify everything anyway so it doesn't affect my choices. The lem trigger is light and I prefer it over my sigs that have DA pulls of 6-7 pounds.

I have an m1. I'm not trying to bust your balls. I'm just struggling to find the value in buying a more expensive gun then spending more to drop a trigger that makes it more comparable to a cheaper gun. Maybe I'm too new.

It's not about being expensive or cheap. It's a completely different manual if arms.

With a revolver you time the cylinder, with a hammer fired gun you can feel the trigger going back to the break, I don't get that with a striker fired gun.

OK so its just preference against striker fired guns. That makes more sense to me. Personally the ppq is the only striker fired gun I have, and dont have an issue with the take up compared to my m9. In fact I really enjoy the extremely short reset as do many others. I do dry fire extensively with it, maybe that makes a difference.

For Sigs, the reset matters for some reason. For the Hk, I get by without even noticing. I did send a p30 to gray guns to have the reduced reset and action job done on a lem p30 I have. Should be back in a few weeks and I'll report back to what I think.

My preferences are to have something be as good as it can be. The p30 feels great and I prefer hammer fired gun lately. I don't dislike the striker fired guns. I've shot the ppq and shot it well. Better then a Glock for sure. Don't like the m&p, have no interest in the sig 320 and doubt the new striker fired Hk will appeal to me.

I shot with Shane45 above and we've run drills, plate racks in a competition form a lot. I have to work/ practice twice as much to shoot a Glock as well as a sig or Hk. No idea why. Hammer fired guns seem to work out better for me almost all of the time.

It comes down to what your preferences and value are. Todd Greens 95xxx rounds through a p30 lem are hard to argue with.

That being said, glocks last forever.

The only real issue is that Walter no longer makes the m1 which is in my opinion a bad idea. They should make both.