Newtonian

magazine loader

I am in serious need of a magazine loader for my three magazine types: 6-round .380, 8-round single stack E. German Makarov, and 12-round double-stack CZ82. Although the calibers are similar (9x17, two 9x18s) the three magazines are obviously different sizes.

Anyone have any suggestions for a single loader that will handle all three mags?

http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-9mm--45-Universal-Unloader/dp/B001HBHNHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390922059&sr=8-1&keywords=magazine+loader

this thing is such a dream you will want to fill mags for complete strangers at the range! I love this thing 2 of my buddies have it and introduced me to it. Its a quality product too.

i knew that was coming ^ lol

:)

In all seriousness, I bought a pistol UpLula when they first came out. I have never, ever used it - Even in classes where I have fired over a couple thousand rounds over a few days. It is a completely unnecessary device IMO.

I gave it away last fall... to a little girl.... who also doesn't use it ;)

yeah its certainly not necessary, but makes loading a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.  Load a few hundred rounds on a really cold day with and without and and you will want to use it 100 out of 100 times.  Its silly not to.  I dont get it.

Youz won't say that when you get older.... Now the bigger calibers and rifle ammo is not really a problem for me.

-BUT- the smaller calibers like 9mm, especially in hi cap mags where it gets progressively harder toward the last few rounds, that device is perfect!

So let's not say they are useless. On bad days, I get some arthritis flare ups between my index knuckle on my hands and knuckle of my middle finger, (That's the NJ state wave finger for all you youngsters out there ;).... When this happens, I thank goodness I have this device. Before I got one, I had to load a bunch of 9mm into several mags. By time I was done, my cuticles were bleeding and sore from struggling to get the rounds in. My knuckles were so bad, I could barely hold the rounds between my fingers. My wife has same prob but worse.

Once that happened, then I picked up a loader. Viola!

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I have one of the Uplula loaders, and I'm thinking of getting a couple more for my other range bags.  It's always a bad day when I forget to bring it with me. 

Sure, you can get by without them (and I have), but they sure make loading mags a lot easier.

yeah its certainly not necessary, but makes loading a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.  Load a few hundred rounds on a really cold day with and without and and you will want to use it 100 out of 100 times.  Its silly not to.  I dont get it.

I spent all of last Tuesday (the last good snow we had, ~ 12" where I was) on an outdoor range training my guys. We fired quite a bit more than 100 rounds per guy. I was out there from 9:00-17:00. Nobody used a loader - even though there was a few available. It was easier and faster to just stuff them up with our hands.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You guys who don't like speed loaders are under no obligation to use one. Some of us just offered to answer the OP's question.

A fool and his money are soon parted. I know I am under no obligation to use one, and I don't. I also offered to answer the OP's question.

My opinion is different than yours. It isn't personal. You like using one? Great, carry on. :)

Youz won't say that when you get older.... Now the bigger calibers and rifle ammo is not really a problem for me.

-BUT- the smaller calibers like 9mm, especially in hi cap mags where it gets progressively harder toward the last few rounds, that device is perfect!

So let's not say they are useless. On bad days, I get some arthritis flare ups between my index knuckle on my hands and knuckle of my middle finger, (That's the NJ state wave finger for all you youngsters out there ;).... When this happens, I thank goodness I have this device. Before I got one, I had to load a bunch of 9mm into several mags. By time I was done, my cuticles were bleeding and sore from struggling to get the rounds in. My knuckles were so bad, I could barely hold the rounds between my fingers. My wife has same prob but worse.

Once that happened, then I picked up a loader. Viola!

That is an excellent point John, and you are probably correct.. When my hands get that bad I am sure I will change my mind about these devices. In the meantime, I believe they are a waste of money. Barring a medical condition or age related issues, If your hands are quickly fatigued by jamming mags or even too weak to do it, you should probably work on that. Hand strength is important to shooting, especially handguns. IMO, buying a tool because "it's hard" is counter productive. Instead buy one of these:

http://www.captainsofcrushgrippers.com

Probably right? Hmmmmm... (Pondering.... Nope, I'm absolutely right).... :)

As for thegrippers.... I got my own personal weapon to squeeze. Don't need to buy one. ;)

All kidding aside..... I've weight lifted and trained for years. If you do that now, don't ever stop. Any old weight lifter will tell you that. I do what you are suppose to do to try alleviate that type of pain, (keep moving and exercise), but it doesn't always work.

I own stock in ibuprofen to say the least. If you are healthy and don't have these issues, -yet-, someday you might. Then there will be an "I told ya so...."... Lol...

That is an excellent point John, and you are probably correct.. When my hands get that bad I am sure I will change my mind about these devices. In the meantime, I believe they are a waste of money. Barring a medical condition or age related issues, If your hands are quickly fatigued by jamming mags or even too weak to do it, you should probably work on that. Hand strength is important to shooting, especially handguns. IMO, buying a tool because "it's hard" is counter productive. Instead buy one of these:

http://www.captainsofcrushgrippers.com

I use this:

45A24AF6-5E64-430F-9BE4-4345DBAC3CB7_zps

Normally i would agree, i never found it tiresome or difficult to hand load mags... but i just picked up a sig p938 and after the 4th round it is near impossible to get the last 3 in. It's just a PITA.. way more work then i would like it to be..

So the one thing that bugged me about the Beretta 92FS was loading the mag. Rounds 1 to about 8 or 9 weren't too bad. But it got to be a pain in the ass (thumb) at about the 10th round. These were 9mm rounds.

Loading the Glock single stack mag was a lot easier. It would never occur to me to use a mag loader for the Glock mags. Maybe I would if it made loading a lot faster.

But for anyone with a Beretta 92FS /M9, are their mags always a pain in ass to load? I get that as you load, the rounds already in the mag are being forced down -and- to the sides, creating some friction. If that's normal, then I'll try a loader.

For those that think loaders are for girlie-men..... How about this one?

41z7oYe2acL.jpg

I use an UpLula mag loader, don't go the range without it. I just find it way faster then hand loading mags. The only caliber pistol ammo I do by hand is .22lr. Wish I saw the pink one before I got the black, I would have bought it. Less chance of it "mistakenly" finding it's way into someone else's range bag in that color.