Bugsy732

Tactical Carbine 1 Class 3/23/2014 @ Shooters, Little Egg Harbor, NJ class 1 of 3

Glad you guys had a good time yesterday. Sorry I wasn't able to make it. My son still wasn't feeling good and I couldn't leave him with a sitter like that. Kharis said it was one of the best groups he had in a long time.

If you guys could shoot Kharis and email with a review of the class he would appreciate it. He would like to use them to help promote future classes.

His email is [email protected]  Please reference the class date and course name.

Thanks everyone..

Carbine 2 will be scheduled this week and info will be posted soon!

ryan....get with kharis. one of the guys....i he wasn't a forum member......he was a young kid(sht...i feel old now, saying that, lolol). had thermold mags for his ar. they were giving him fits till i lent him a couple of the ones i got from you. i told him about these forums, and to look you up. his gun ran perfectly on them. i think he overpaid for that little mag too, as i thought he'd said it was around 30 bucks. i can't remember the guys name though, but i'm sure kharis will know who you're talking about if you tell him it was the kid that borrowed my mags......

Great class. It was awesome to shoot next to y'all! My AAR...

---------------------------------------------------

AAR – Sepulveda “Tactical Carbine I” – 23 March 2014

Location: Shooters, Little Egg Harbor, NJ   http://www.shootersnj.com

Facility: This is the first time I’ve been to this range. It is a little over an hour away from me (excluding the wrong turn I took), but an easy drive. I have to say that this facility is top-notch. The classroom was nicely sized and the audio/visual gear was awesome. Shooters had a “training range” that was separate from the normal indoor range. We had the training range to ourselves. This alleviated my apprehension that we’d have other folks being intimidated by the training course. The training range is 25 yards. Plenty good-to-go for CQB lessons.

Instructors: Kharis (teacher) and his RSO/Assistant Tara. Kharis detailed his extensive resume with NJ law enforcement training and, although she didn’t advertise it, I could tell that Tara was LEO (or former) also. These guys were primarily focused on shooter safety – which was awesome – and then on helping us develop our skills. I felt very comfortable shooting at this class.

Class: We started out by getting everyone comfortable with shooting iron sights/”backup iron sights” (BUIS) at close distances. Optics turned off for this class. The first drills concentrated on getting everyone comfortable with their BUIS at close ranges. Since I’d had the opportunity to gauge my 50-yard-zeroed carbine at close distances, this was somewhat of a cake walk for me. The message was that shooters needed to know their particular carbine/rifle and it’s close range hold over. We proceeded to a hostage drill which required we do head shots on the bad guy while sparing the hostage. Knowing one’s zero and holdover were critical to doing this well. After taking the time to get several shooters carbines properly zeroed, Kharis progressed into the more advanced drills. Without getting into the details, suffice it to say that we performed two-man and one-man drills, strong side and weak side and – to cap it off – point shooting at 3D targets.

Synopsis: I got a lot of value from this class. A lot of good instruction, but even more first-hand experience with my “kit”. I know I need to work on strong-side weak-side transitions with my sling. I also know I need to think about a “duty” or “battle” belt to wear over my normal gear. I tend to go into this type of course squared away, but after the first couple of drills look like an unmade bed. This tends to get t-shirt tails stuffed into my mag carriers and make it tough to reload.

Awesome class. Looking forward to more.

i left him(kharis) a voicemail a few hours ago as i was finishing lunch. doing some work orders, and end of day shit now.....then i'll try again on my way home. this sucks.\, 'cause that class was friggin FUN.....and i feel kharis is a great guy, and gets things across really well.

Actually cancel that. Just got an email from Chris saying he had to cancel all his NJ classes this year. I'm totally bummed. However, he will have some classes in Eastern PA so I will be attending those.

If you get the info on Rifle 2 and they don't post it, please post it for the rest of us! :)

that's my plan. once i've read kharis's mail, i'm gonna post any/all classes he's got right here.....well...actually, i'll probably make a new thread.

Hey, I hope this isn't a hijack of this thread BUT I did want to mention that there is a Tactical Rifle 1 class being offered at Shooters for the end of June.  Taught by Kharis Sepulveda.  You have to go to Shooters website to find out about it and CALL in w/ your credit card/reg. info.    Only difference I see is that at the beginning of this thread, the class was described as a 7 hr class.  On the Shooters site, the class is listed at about 4 hrs.??   There were 6 spots open total (I took one)