Zouave

Upcoming Oaks, PA Gun Shows 2/7-2/9 and 3/28-3/30

Just a heads up for folks, there's a gun show in Oaks, PA next weekend.  Their usual fare of 1000 tables, $10 entry.  I'll probably head up as usual.

One special heads up though, is their show there next month on 3/28.  Per their advertisement, that one will have 2000 tables, $12 entry.  Not sure what the special occasion is but that's a pretty big show if you ask me. 

Also, here's a $1 dollar coupon for the entry fee that can be used at both shows.

http://www.eaglearmsgunshows.com/coupon.html

most shops in de and pa have a good selection on their shelves.....

Let me know where via pm if you prefer. I've tried x-ring, delco and locks with no success over the last few weeks. My hope is to find N320 which has not been an easy task or W231 in large quantities. I hate buying small batches and having to work up new loads.

Thanks for the tips and the dollar off coupon.

Let me know where via pm if you prefer. I've tried x-ring, delco and locks with no success over the last few weeks. My hope is to find N320 which has not been an easy task or W231 in large quantities. I hate buying small batches and having to work up new loads.

Thanks for the tips and the dollar off coupon.

I'm not actually sure about those two powders as I don't use them...but have you tried

http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN769x13132026&qt=yp&what=miller's+sporting+goods&where=New+Jersey+08070&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-US&q=miller's+sporting+goods&qpvt=miller%27s+sporting+goods&FORM=LARE

Very nice mom and pop has a pretty good selection of bullets in stock and powders behind the counter...I usually buy bulk heavy .224 &308 bullets from them and blc2 and varget....the owner is a knowledgeable pistol competitor and reloaded so he may have those powders I'm not sure....

And there is this place in de...I don't personally patronize them as I'm the guy that doesn't shop at dicks, walmart or any of the other places on principle...but I have friends that do and say they have a pretty good selection of powders both in 1-8 lbers and primers...some bullets...but not like the first shop I mentioned....the coincidentally have the same name but are not affiliated or anything alike in customer service...but if they have what you need that's your call...hope this helps.

http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN172x3198276&qt=yp&what=miller's+guns&where=Delaware+City%2c+Delaware&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-US&q=millers+guns+delaware&qpvt=millers+guns+delaware&FORM=LARE

Not much powder of what i saw, didn't really look but what i saw was slim. Show was same as others past. LOTS of Ar's. PA NICS was a disaster, dealers were not getting through. Many deals left on the table. Noticed a lot of the long guns were secured with cables. Is this the norm now ? Last time I went you could handle almost everything.

I just got back from the saturday edition of the Oaks Gun show.

Very busy - lots of people there.  NICS was screwed-up for most of the day, which severely impacted firearm sales.  A LOT of vendors were severely PO'ed, and feel that this show may end-up being a net loss for them...

Ammo was there, not in massive quantities (and not particularly cheap), but enough that you could likely find what you wanted/needed....except .22 rimfire.  A couple of the big vendors mentioned that the small amount they had was sold earlier this morning.  The only .22 LR that I saw was being sold at $5 per 50 round box....or worse.

For reloaders, there were a few vendors, and they had powder, though not the sort I am familiar with.  When I asked about the stuff I DID know how to load (Bullseye, Unique, etc) I was told some very disturbing news - that those powders would be UNAVAILABLE FOR AT LEAST A YEAR.  Not sure what is going on, because I did see other powders with the Alliant name, as well as different IMI and Hodgdon canisters, (don't ask me which, I dont know).  Primers were available - I got 2 boxes of CCI small pistol at $30 a thousand.  7.62x54R tins of 440 were going for $125.

Firearm prices varied from merely OK to crazy.  I saw several S&W M&P 15 .223 sport AR (which I have been considering) in the $700 range.  You could not find a Garand for under $1300.  A couple of the vendors had crazy prices on Mosin Nagant 91-30's and 44's, but most were in the $130-140 range for a 91-30; older/laminated for more.  Ruger 10-22's started at about $250 and climbed rapidly.  For shotties, nice 870 wingmasters were a pricey $340 or so, and there were a lot of the Stevens 320 in various security forms were asking $239 or so.  Doubles were crazy...fox model B's (upscale stevens 311's) were going for crazy money (6-700), but there were a lot of the lesser-known brands of over/unders going for 4-500.  You could still walk out of the show with a pump shotgun for $150 - I saw several older (but good condition) Stevens 67 & 77 pumps in that range.

One more day - Sunday - and there may still be firearm deals to be had, as a LOT of deals were left on the table due to NICS delays.

Good luck all

Like W2MC says gun prices are crazy at that place. I think your best bet is to just go to your local gun shop and work out a deal if you want a gun.

This was my second gun show and I think all they are good for is deals on magazines, reloading supply's (especially from North East shooting supply), and other odds and ends that you don't want to pay shipping for.

I went on Friday and there was lots of 22lr around but it was crazy high priced.

I thought most ammo was over priced, I could find a better deal online if I waited for a sale.  I thought some of the rifle prices were ok.  I did see a Spas-12 going for $1200 that I would've been all over if it were legal here. 

Otherwise, I was disappointed in the show in that I saw a lot of empty tables.  I found out that there's been a week long gun show in Harrisburg and that a few vendors were there instead of Oaks or that they split up what they had between the two shows. 

Oh well, will have to wait till end of March for the really big show back at Oaks...

Just got back and wasn't really impressed. Couldn't find a mount for scope. And if I did it was more than any retailer online. Was hoping to find some steel targets but no good nada. I guess it depends what u were looking for but I thought prices were generally high.

Got a good deal on some 762x39 ammo. And that was it.

Anybody know were I can get some steel targets at decent prices?

Thats insane....Even overpriced Sportsman's guide has it for $30 less than that and with free shipping, and if you look around you can find it for $85 a tin.

Yup - why I didn't go home with much in the way of ammo-prices weren't great.  Only ammo I came home with was some low-recoil Rio 00 buckshot @$20/7 boxes (bought it before & liked it-singly they are $3, a case was more than I wanted/needed $127?  I think?) and three boxes of 12 gauge clay loads @$6/box (liked the guy so I bought some of what he had left over-he had cases@$55/case but had sold-out for the day-more tomorrow.