NYMetsFan86

Whats your go-to shop for pre-owned inventory?

I know some like buying used firearms and some do not. I just put a few pistol permits in and i'd like to shop around while I wait. So far i  was able to jump on a police trade-in 92fs for $350 shipped....

So my question is where do you guys like to shop for used, pre-owned, or police trade-in inventory? Who do you feel has a good selection? It can be brick and mortar or online, doesn't matter i'm just curious. I have been combing gun broker and watching the marketplace as well. thanks

Rick at OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne. Rick is the man. Not always a lot of stuff but when he has something he's got something good.

Bullet Hole in Belleville. Always a good selection.

Ramsey Outdoor in Ramsey. Small selection but Ron and both Joe's are great.

Davis Sport Shop in Sloatsbug. They ship to FFL for 32 which adds to the cost but they usually have something I want but can't afford at the moment.

C

Haven't actually bought from them, but I noticed CDNN will have good deals, e.g. M&P 40 police trade-ins in the low 300s in the last week or so. I noticed you can also sometimes find interesting deals on twitter by doing a search for a particular gun name. Lots of mom & pop type shops running on twitter/facebook that can't afford full websites or search engine optimization, e.g. S&W Shield for $340 (not sure what fees or shipping charges also apply)

Shore shot has a used section. Hard to tell they are used because the prices are almost identical to new prices.

Also, howell gun works has a used section.

I have never bought used from either, just saying they offer them.

i saw a couple m&p40 full size trade ins somewhere online for 350, it was tempting. All good suggestions, i should add i saw j&G sales has a good selection. I need to take a trip to OMG soon. He had a 226 there for a really good price previously

I have a mp40c with apex trigger I might be ready to part with. Also have a storm lake 40-9 conversion for it, and 3 9mm mags. I know you were looking for the fullsize.

Still does, I believe.

Efinger in Bound Brook has a pretty decent selection of used guns as well.

I am about 40 mins from efinger and have never been, good to know

I have a mp40c with apex trigger I might be ready to part with. Also have a storm lake 40-9 conversion for it, and 3 9mm mags. I know you were looking for the fullsize.

Greatly appreciated, you are correct the full sizeis preferred

Cabelas - the Gun Room. You have to call the store and speak with a sales associate, but there are deals to be had if you want a specific model.

Lots of mom & pop type shops running on twitter/facebook that can't afford full websites or search engine optimization

+1. Look for the store without a fancy website, and then call them - got a great deal on a 617 like that. 

Gun Broker and other online sites never work for me because even if you get a deal, shipping, transfer fee, and NJNICS adds another $75.

Buds in Vineland usually has some used long guns at pretty good prices.  They even have a few junkers around in the back if you're looking for a project gun.

I like pawn shops for long guns - out of state of course.  Pawn shops in NJ can't loan against firearms.  

For handguns, your hands are tied - no out of state sales.

Yeah I have two P2Ps to use up still. I'm trying to sell a couple of things I'm not using (guitar stuff and iPhones) and then probably looking for something used. So I'll be watching this thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends what you are looking for. I recently scored an original Remington Model 11 Military riot gun from a local shop.I found it on gunbroker first. I would have never have thought I would have found one in my backyard. I almost never find anything of interest i a local shop.

Gun Broker and other online sites never work for me because even if you get a deal, shipping, transfer fee, and NJNICS adds another $75.

Buds in Vineland usually has some used long guns at pretty good prices. They even have a few junkers around in the back if you're looking for a project gun.

I like pawn shops for long guns - out of state of course. Pawn shops in NJ can't loan against firearms.

For handguns, your hands are tied - no out of state sales.

You can always have a hand gun transferred here to your FFL.

I usually check out the gun forums to pick up a good deal then have it sent to my FFL. Local shops are very hit or miss and inventory is scant. Once in awhile you can find a great deal but to find a particular gun in good shape at the right price from a local shop is rare. A lot of factors have to come together for that to happen.

Mastodon in Vernon has a very nice selection of used long guns and handguns. The ever-charming Head Mastodon happily shows his wares. 

In PA, Dunkelburger's also has a nice selection.

Online, I've dealt with Classic Firearms.

Heritage Guild in Branchburg (and Easton by extension) sometimes has some good buys.  Scored a great deal on a S&W 629, an even better deal on a Ruger Super Redhawk, and a fair deal on a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II.  Also missed a great deal on an Anaconda by 5 minutes.  All have been used but looked like new and included all original boxes and paperwork, for less OTD than Gunbroker (before shipping and xfer fees).

Yes I buy a lot there, yes they know who I am when I walk in the door, but that's the point to building a relationship with a vendor.  I'd much rather buy local than go to the interwebs :nyam: .

For used handguns you just need to be patient.  Eventually what you're looking for will show up.  I keep a permit on standby for just such an occasion.

damn, if only I woulda known this last week before I burned my last permit...

Ron at Legacy Firearms, Wall Township

http://www.legacyfirearms.com/

Great to deal with, fair prices and works to get what you are looking for if not in stock.

His prices on older stuff is very high. The artillery Luger on there is worth about half of what he is asking. If it had the 2 matching mags then his price might be close to fair.